Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What the Liberals Really did with our money

db7
April 4th, 2005, 08:34 PM
For those of you curious about the "explosive" testimony implicating the Liberals in scandal that us Canadians have been banned from knowing about just google the following.

brault american blog

The first result will tell all. Yay internet!

CyberKitten
April 4th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Go to Google, type in (name of blog). It is frustrating to see where our money went and we cannot even acquire the info on a Canadian news source. The days of publication bans will be likley over soon anyway!

db7
April 4th, 2005, 09:38 PM
cyberkitten, you should remove the name of the blog it could possibly violate the ban and Pets.ca could get in heck.

CyberKitten
April 4th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I believe in free speech - removed it but I hated to do that. I doubt the govt will be scanning every web site but just in case.... such a free country, Gawd!!

db7
April 4th, 2005, 09:50 PM
It is great to see, despite the common anti-American rhetoric in the Canadian main stream media, that the blogger community is co-operating across borders to expose the truth.

I have heard that the US has a publication ban on the upcoming inquiry into the Haliburton Co. (VP Cheney's ex-company) excessive charges/contracts with the US military and that Canadian blogs will return the favour and publish the info so Americans can know the truth.

Lizzie
April 4th, 2005, 09:51 PM
If it is an american site you should be fine. The americans, as I understand it, are not subject to Canadian publication bans...which makes sense if you ask me :)

db7
April 4th, 2005, 10:08 PM
CTV published the site name yesterday then removed it after second guessing the legal issues.

Arrgg Matey! The site just updated the rest of Friday's testimony. Rumour has it Brault may have fingered Gagliano's links to the mob today.

CyberKitten
April 4th, 2005, 10:36 PM
The NY Post outed G's ties to crime a few months ago -

db7
April 4th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Actually the NYP news was small potatoes compared to RCMP investigations that were never acted on in Canada. Take a read of this.
www.tni.org/archives/tblick/aruba.htm

Here is one bit of it.

"The accountant Gagliano is a loyal supporter of Canada's Prime-Minister Jean Chrétien. Gagliano organized the Liberal Party's fund raising for the 1993 election-campaign. He was a candidate for a position in the new government of Mr Chrétien. The RCMP is asked to screen every probable future minister, and Mr Gagliano didn't quite pass the test. (65) The Montreal daily "La Presse" revealed why: Gagliano's accountancy firm kept the books of Agostino ****rera, a nephew of Pasquale ****rera and implicated in the murder of Paolo Violi, boss of the local Cotroni-family, in 1978. The murder was a sign that the Sicilian clan had taken over control in Montreal. Agostino ****rera was never convicted; he struck a deal with the Canadian Justice Department.

Asked about his relationship with Agostino ****rera, Gagliano said: ""Mr ****rera is an acquaintance. We both come from Siculiana. I met him during a engagement in a church. He came to me in the 1970's when he wanted me as his bookkeeper for his restaurant"." Gagliano et Cie kept Agostino ****rera as a client after his complicity in the Violi-murder was revealed. Agostino ****rera and Gagliano saw each other occasionally during marriages and activities of the "Association de Siculiana", a cultural association founded by Mr Gagliano, who was its first president. Some years after Mr Gagliano's chairmanship, Agostino ****rera became president of the association.

Nor was Agostino ****rera the only client of Gagliano. Another was Dima Messina, the financial aid of Montreal Mafia-boss Vito Rizzuto. An RCMP investigation showed that Messina laundered 22 million Canadian dollars for Rizzuto in 1986-88. Rizzuto's Ferrari Testarossa (a 250,000 dollar Italian sports car) was registered under Messina's name.

During the controlled delivery of 58 kilos of heroin to Montreal in 1985 – the RCMP and British Customs were aware of the traffic and closely watched the transactions – one of the traffickers, Filippo Vaccarello, and an unidentified person, were observed entering the office of Mr Gagliano before the heroin arrived. After leaving the office Vaccarello proceeded with a tour of notorious bars well-known as selling points for heroin."