Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where do they sleep?

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Just wondering where your pets sleep. Thought this would be cool to see how much bed everyone gets. LOL :D

MIA
April 4th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Right now I have three MinPins in the bed, one on his own bed and a Doberman that has her own little pricess couch to sleep on!!!!

raingirl
April 4th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Odin sleeps on his bed outside our bedroom door in the hallway. He isn't allowed in the bedroom, so he sleeps as close to it as possible.

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Raingirl he sounds so sweet. I can just see him right at the door sound asleep. :D

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 01:10 PM
WOW Mia and I thought our bed was full. LOL Oh wait it is. :D

glasslass
April 4th, 2005, 01:13 PM
In bed. Right now we're caring for Spunky, my Mom's neighbor's poodle, for 2 months. He's not allowed on the bed at home, but loves it when he comes here. Den-Den takes the spot between and closest to us. Spunky stays down about our knees and between us.

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Glasslass I can see you telling him don't tell your mom but you can sleep in the bed here. You are funny! Did you vote on the poll? :D

honeybee4
April 4th, 2005, 01:19 PM
In my bed, there is usually me, my bf(260lbs), Harley (116lbs), and Mocha. Plus the kids sneak in every once in awhile in the middle of the night. I don't get much of the bed at all. I am usually jam in the middle between Harley and BF. This is a queen size bed too, so there isn't much room to begin with. Mocha is small and will usually cuddy up beside my head on the pillow.

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Well I thought you have won so fair. You have the most crowded bed. LOL You can come sleep in out guest room if you need a good nights sleep. :D

honeybee4
April 4th, 2005, 01:29 PM
It has been a long time since I had a full nights sleep. :( That is probably why I have a nap every once in awhile when I get a chance. I have even tried going and sleeping on the couch, but Harley usually will follow me there too.

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 01:35 PM
LOL if you came and napped at my house I am sure Meatloaf would be in there as well so you would prolly be in the same boat. LOL :D

CyberKitten
April 4th, 2005, 02:03 PM
YY sleeps in my bed (of course!!) though she has a millie bed (shown below tho hers is sapphire blue to match her eyes and my bed ensemble, lol) and she alternates between there and next to me.

maddoxies
April 4th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Valentin lives up to his dachshund heritage and burrows under the covers. Except last night, when I was so restless that he took himself to his crate. (Times ARE tough, when even the dog deserts you ;) )

Champ would start out on the bed with us until he got too hot. Wish I had taken a picture of him last summer, sleeping on the sofa in front of the window air conditionner.

I think I get the prize for the most crowded bed, when I dog sit. Two adult goldens, a mini golden and Valentin (and me of course) all in a DOUBLE bed. And Champ used to find space there too.

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 02:17 PM
CyberKitten we figured that is were YY slept. You are wrapped around a paw. LOL Did you ever hear anything else about the other little guy you were hoping to get? :D

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Oh my soul goldengirl you had all them in a double bed. LOL You all are much braver than I am. LOL :D

maddoxies
April 4th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Princess, bravery had nothing to do with it. They let me in, not the other way around. After all, it is their house and I am the dog sitter.

I fell asleep on the sofa one night watching TV and woke up with one of the adult goldens asleep on my chest. No wonder I could not breath !!!

mafiaprincess
April 4th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Half the time she sleeps crated in the livingroom, some of the time I have been letting her sleep on my bed, or my floor (her choice). At 7 months I don't worry as much about what she might eat in the night in my room, but I like her to be in the livingroom if my boyfriend comes over, or if I don't feel well.

Eleni
April 4th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Sam sleeps in his crate in the livingroom, i leave the tv on so he doesnt get lonely.

we have the baby in our room at night and its jsut not comfortable to have the dog in there too.

I ahve heard the dog ask to be let out at ngiht so i can still hear him if he has to go outside.

works pretty well for us

Eleni

goldenblaze
April 4th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Jordie and Blaze both sleep with me and take up more room then some people. BLaze started on my pillow as a 8 weeks old pup, as he grow he moved to the side and now I try to keep him near the bottom but he often shares my pillow still at 14mths. Jordie moves alot, I think he just tries to stay out of the way so no one rolls on him.. :thumbs up

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I was wondering how I am going to do that as well. We are going to start trying to have a baby her pretty soon. What do we do with the dogs in the bed than. Are they okay to stay there or what? I would be lost without them in the bed. :D

Prin
April 4th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I put "other" because my doggies sleep wherever they please. Jemma either sleeps on the dog bed beside ours or the dog bed at the foot of the bed or on the bed (usually not all night). Boo sleeps on the dog bed beside ours or on his futon or on our bed. On really stressful days, we have the two in bed with us. That's one 160lb boyfriend, one 96 lb doggy and another 62 lb doggy and me. But we have a queen and with all the spooning (doggies included) we all fit, only nobody can move....

Sadie's Mom
April 4th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Sadie starts out the night in my bed and then when she gets up I move her into her crate in my room.

Beetlecat
April 4th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Wow. Lots of dogs in beds! I could never sleep with my dog, and he's only 40 lbs. Guess I'm just picky. Besides, my cats sleeps with me (if he feels like it :))and I'd rather not be in the middle of that curfluffel lol.

CyberKitten
April 4th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Princess04, I decided to "let" the other woman have her. She is a good person and a wonderful cat person and hers had just died and I felt it was probably a charitable endeavor. I am still searching for a blue point Siamese - in retrospect it would have been good to have adopted YY's brother or sister (both blue pt) but they'd already been reserved. I do however, want to give a chance to a needy cat and Siamese Rescue has some blues. I'd help any Siamese or kitty or critter for that matter tho!

Princesss04
April 4th, 2005, 06:38 PM
CyberKitten you have a wonderful heart. I had a feeling that you would end up letting her have the baby. I think you did the right thing. As much as I would have loved to see you get this baby I am glad that you let her have the cat since hers died. I think you are right she needed him. :D