Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why

kayla
April 2nd, 2005, 12:45 PM
is it that every pet web site I go to has aweful cheesy elevator music playing? I'm looking for doggy boots for my pup because I've spent the past hour cleaning up mud everywhere and the last thing I need is some crappy elevator music playing every time I check out another site! Die cheesy elevator music! :evil:

twinmommy
April 2nd, 2005, 02:18 PM
how did you make out in your search? LR recently bought a cute coat for Chloe, not sure if she bought booties as well. Maybe Pm her and ask.... :)

mafiaprincess
April 2nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
I was looking for a pink gentle leader online, and every site I went to either had elevator music, or a chorus of dogs barking in the background.. I totally understand. I found a great site for booties.. but being Canadian the shipping was 25 dollars on an order that was like 6 bucks. I filled out all the info, and was half way through my order and nearly had a heart attack.

kayla
April 2nd, 2005, 03:20 PM
Well I just went to a pet store to see what they had and found some boots- for $50!!! I don't spend that much on my own boots! Think I'll just wrap some plastic bags around her feet or something. I'm not cheap, I'm creative :)

mafiaprincess
April 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure if you are the sewing type.. but I got mad that I only found expensive ones online, and muttlucks were 50ish in stores.

I posted here http://www.pets.ca/forum/showpost.php?p=100229&postcount=18 on how to make doggie boots, and it cost 10 bucks or less, and took maybe 45 minutes start to finish, and you could make pairs out of other material for mud conditions, etc.

Prin
April 3rd, 2005, 01:05 AM
I like the Ruffwear ones but I have to wait a few years to be able to afford them...

It's so hard because every company is good at some things and very not good at others so you can't find one dog company and be loyal. Like I like Ruffwear's booties but their life jacket isn't as good as Outward Hound's and the harnesses I got from Chatmac (they're awesome). You really have to shop around, and yes it would be better if there was no sound-- My computer screen is a tv so it's easy to mute :)