Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bringing home our new dog!

SarahLynn123
April 2nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
We go to pick up Shadow in 3 hours!!! The meeting was OK. Shadow is a little dominant so we will have to watch them both very carefully. She is so playful! Wants attention so bad she was barking at everyone trying to get anyone to play with her. Shes not as laid back as Belle, but we figured she deserves a chance! Dogs are not themselves when theve been in the pound for a long time:(

Her story is that these people had her sinse she was a pup and were moving and not allowed dogs. She was dropped off with a UTI (I think thats the short for it) and needs to be on a special diet. Shes 8 years old German Shepard X. I have a couple days off work so I will update everyone on Wednesday when Im back! Im sure I will have many questions then!!
Thanks
Sarah

BMDLuver
April 2nd, 2005, 03:36 PM
That's great you are giving Shadow a chance. I imagine in a few days she will settle into your routine and lifestyle. Right now everything is so confusing for her. So happy to hear she will have a home now.

Prin
April 2nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Shes not as laid back as Belle, but we figured she deserves a chance! It's great that your giving her a chance. You also have to take into account that she is adapting and probably really stressed. The excitement level should go down a bit as she adjusts to her new family. :)