Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Toys

Extier
April 2nd, 2005, 12:33 AM
What are your cat's favourite toys? What kind of toys are available that would be a barrel of fun both for your cats and you?

Also, what is cheap or free that can be used as a cat toy?

A light pointer is cheap and great fun for my cat and me. :)

Rita
April 2nd, 2005, 08:15 AM
My Boyz love their mice :crazy: (like the one Pippin & Merri are both reaching for in this photo) ... I believe they have honeysuckle in them. They grab them and toss them and chase them (there's a little video of Sam playing with one in their photo album at www.haakman.ca). They also love to play with some balls a friend gave us ... they are made from colorful yarn and there's some crinkle paper in them as well. And then there's always any kind of rope or string (shoe laces are a big hit) just never let them play with rope/string unsupervised :eek:

chico2
April 2nd, 2005, 08:24 AM
Rite,I REALLY wanted to see that video,but can't get in....your cats are sooo beautiful love to look at their pics :thumbs up

Rita
April 2nd, 2005, 09:43 AM
Hey Chico2, there was a typo in the website address of my original post (I've fixed it) .... was it the site you couldn't get to or the video you couldn't see...

chico2
April 2nd, 2005, 09:56 AM
I could not even get the site....but I'll try again :D

chico2
April 2nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
I went the regular route with the site,looked at the videos and ALL your pictures.I believe your pics are the best cat-pictures I have ever seen,absolutely wonderful.Your cats live in a regular cat-haven :thumbs up
You should post the pic with all three cats lined up in the leatherchair here,it's priceless.
You did a wonderful thing adopting ALL 3 from HS :love: and I am sure they've paid you back ten-fold!

Shamrock
April 2nd, 2005, 03:21 PM
Cardboard boxes, laundry baskets, and shoelaces provide interactive and free fun games for many cats. Mine love all kinds of games involving these.
They like any feather type wand thing.. and catnip filled toys. I have a box of practice golf balls.. cheap, light, roll easy and with little holes in them to grab and bat around. I've heard some cats love to play with these in the bathtub. (noisy)

Rita, wow, your cats are gorgeous! :thumbs up They look like twins. I am just going to look at the video, and see all your photos.

twinmommy
April 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM
cheap cat toys? Try a piece of aluminum foil. Crumple it into a ball and let them wack it around!!! ;)

The thing with cats is that they seem to get bored sooo fast!!

One "toy" that my cats enjoy--but it's NOT cheap-- the DOGS!!! heheheheh

Now THAT keeps 'em occupied!! :thumbs up

Prin
April 2nd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Those are such great pictures!! I love the one of the three in the armchair and the one with the kitty in the drier and all the ones of them all tangled up sleeping... It's amazing that they tangle themselves up on their own. My Jemma won't let big Boo go near her when she's sleeping unless we're in the car (but I guess female doggies are different than cats...)

CyberKitten
April 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM
You can get feather and chase toys at the dollar store plus one can make great toys as well.

BeagleMum
April 4th, 2005, 06:46 AM
cheap cat toys? Try a piece of aluminum foil. Crumple it into a ball and let them wack it around!!! ;)

The thing with cats is that they seem to get bored sooo fast!!

One "toy" that my cats enjoy--but it's NOT cheap-- the DOGS!!! heheheheh

Now THAT keeps 'em occupied!! :thumbs up

I have always been told to avoid the aluminum foil because it can hurt theit teeth but a crumples piece of paper works great. I also give them ping pong balls, they are light and they can bat then around.

L'il Frankie
April 4th, 2005, 07:56 PM
bottle caps off of 2 litre pop bottles, our cat will play with little else