Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost - Golden Retriever (Mile End District-Montreal)

Patmarco09
April 1st, 2005, 09:25 PM
Hella all,
our Golden Retriever went missing as of yesterday March 31st, 2005 at about 11am.

Location: Mile end/Outremont. St-Viateur/Bernard/Waverly/Parc ave.

goes by the name of Bailey (Male)
Noticable mentions: no collar, shaved and not castrated.

Weight: 60lbs

any info you have will be much appreciated.

tel: 514-591-9195 / 514-972-1363
or email
matt_nadeau@hotmail.com

thanks so much in advance! :)

http://img102.exs.cx/img102/615/bailey8kf.jpg
http://img194.exs.cx/img194/2416/12424062px.jpg
http://img194.exs.cx/img194/5417/12222764md.jpg

chico2
April 2nd, 2005, 09:06 AM
Bailey is beautiful,I certainly hope you find him,no collar,no microchip :sad:
In this case I believe your only option is calling ALL the shelters in your area,put up reward-posters everywhere..
A beautiful Golden not neutered could unfortunately easily end up in the wrong hands,especially in the puppy-mill province of Canada.
Sorry,don't mean to scare you,but please don't give up...I hope you find him and let us know :sad:

poodletalk
April 2nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
call and check regularly at

spca jean-talon
berger blanc www.bergerblanc.com
SPCA Monteregie www.spcamonteregie.com

You never know, but maybe someone called the rescues

gerdysrescue www.gerdysrescue.org
rosies www.rosiesanimaladoption.org
little angels animal adoptions www.littleangelsanimaladoptions.com

Also call and post adds at the vet clincs close by!

I hope you find him, when you do put a collar and tags on him!

goldenblaze
April 4th, 2005, 03:14 PM
OMG, I would be out of my mind till I had this dog back...
Have you found your golden yet? Beautiful dog, hope everything works out for you.

maddoxies
April 4th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Chico2, microchips mean nothing in Quebec. Berger Blanc, Chienchien, etc are under NO obligation to scan and in fact don't even own scanners.

Poodletalk, FYI, he is not at Secours Golden Retriever Rescue either. We will keep an eye out for him.

I have sent them an email too, suggesting that they physically check Berger Blanc, Chienchien etc, just to make sure he is not there. Hopefully, I will get a return message saying that Bailey is home safe and sound.

poodletalk
April 4th, 2005, 03:30 PM
GoldenGirl, I e-mailed him as well and I didn't get a reply! What is ChienChien?

BMDLuver
April 4th, 2005, 03:44 PM
If he's not neutered, there's even a larger market for him! Berger Blanc will sell him for $250 as will Chienchien or any other AC that gets their hands on him. I hope he's found soon poor guy. :sad:

chico2
April 4th, 2005, 03:53 PM
OMG,I did not really think there would be such evil people out there,what good is microchoipping if they don't even check??
That is the first thing our HS checks for,a cat I found,found his very worried owners thank's to MC.
I hope we will have some good news,he's so sweet,it's just heartbreaking :sad:

maddoxies
April 4th, 2005, 04:04 PM
The majority of animal control is privatized here. If the dog/cat does not have a municipal license tag, the control facility is under NO legal obligation to try to contact you, even if the animal has a name tag with phone number etc. There was a warning to this effect posted in one of the English newspapers here. The idea is to force you to buy an animal license. That is why these private animal control companies do not spend the money on a scanner. Once a stray has not been claimed, they can sell the dog to whomever pays the price, puppy mill, research lab, local sadist, they do not check creditials. (The SPCAs do their best to make sure it is a good home, I am talking about the private companies).

BMDLuver
April 4th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Me too!

I found a dog wandering the roads crossing back n forth in traffic. His tag was ancient and from Berger Blanc. I called to ask for the owner's info and they said sorry, can't help you it's not a current tag. The SPCA contacted me and the dog was reunited with the family. The SPCA tries hard with the limited resources they have to have happy endings. :)

Patmarco09
April 5th, 2005, 11:37 PM
UPDATE:

Bailey is BACK!!!! :party: :party: :D

Upon checking with the SPCA several times a day, we were told an individual called in saying he found a golden/maybe mixed with lab..

haha no surprise...many get confused seeing as he's shaved down.

so right away we got in contact with the caller he said he had taken well care of him. gave him a bath etc... ( WOW THERE ARE GREAT PEOPLE in this area). He lived not too far away from our place, so we bought hiom a bottle of red wine as a big thx!

as for the tags, when he's in the house it bugs him to have his collar on, unfortunately the front door was left opened do to a roomate - careless mistake.

so that makes to in dogs found in less than 3 weeks time in the Miile End district! :cool:

We're so glad to have him back!! a big thanks to all of you for you help and support.. It is MUCH appreciated. :) :cool: :thumbs up

badger
April 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM
That is great news! And a BATH! How sweet.
Please think about having Bailey neutered, it will make him much less attractive if he goes walkabout again and falls into the wrong hands.

chico2
April 6th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Wonderful newshttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/REDDANCE.JPG
It is always very upsetting,knowing a dog is out there somewhere,confused and hungry looking for his home,maybe ending up in evil hands.
Luckily he met up with a wonderful person who took care of him :thumbs up
and yes,neutering is a must,Bailey was very lucky this time....

maddoxies
April 6th, 2005, 08:59 AM
So glad to hear that Bailey is home. Now that you have found him and this board, we hope to hear more from you and more pics of Bailey.

goldenblaze
April 6th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Excellent news, wow I'm happy Bailey is home safe and sound :)