Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New to forum

teresacan6t6
March 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Hello, all. I am new to the forum, and I have a question to ask....I have a 1 year old chocolate lab, and she eats everything: leaves, sticks, plastic, bags, you name it...she is now sick, vomiting every time she eats something for the last 3 days...I thought she was over it, but she just threw up again....does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I am afraid she has a blockage, or she has eaten something poisonous...please help!!!!

BMDLuver
March 30th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Please take her to the vet. Blockages can be very serious and if it's something pliable it could really get wedged! or Do serious damage going out the other end.

glasslass
March 30th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Ditto! This furbaby really needs to be seen by a vet!

SnowDancer
March 30th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Dog must be taken to the vet. There is very possibly a blockage or perhaps thread, string, plastic etc. wrapped around the intestines. Vomiting of an unusual nature, and by a dog who is something of a "Hoover" - I have such a dog - is one of the major signs to watch out for and should not be ignored in situations such as you have described. Hope puppy is okay.

Princesss04
March 31st, 2005, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a trip to the vet is in order. Sounds like something may be blcoked or stuck in there.

Shamrock
March 31st, 2005, 01:33 PM
Hope your vet has seen your lab girl now,and that she is feeling better!

Dog Dancer
March 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Hi I'm fairly new here myself, but couldn't help but recognize my Halo in the description of your eat everything dog. Yes as everyone has said sounds like the dog needs to see a vet. On a preventive side I had to quickly train my dog Halo to "leave it" as she also picked up everything! I found that by carrying very tiny bits of cookies or dog kibble (or anything she LOVES to eat that is good for her) in my pocket and one in my hand - every time she went to pick something up I would tell her to leave it and offer her the treat. It didn't take long for her to make the connection. For a while I had to offer her treats all the time, then gradually worked it down to praise. She swallowed a candybar wrapper once and was throwing up too, she finally threw up the wrapper, but I wouldn't wait for that to happen. To this day - four years later she will leave anything she picks up. She once picked up a half eaten hamburger and spat it out when I told her to. Leave it is a great and easy command to teach. :thumbs up

Luvmypit
April 5th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Welcome!! I would have to say that that guy HAS to go to the vet ASAP.


better safe then sorry!

Anyways hope you enjoy it and the first peice of advice you can get you got! Enjoy!