Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OK, so I like cute bandaids!

CyberKitten
March 30th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I hurt my finger today at work - nothing serious, a finger pick on a needle - fortunately not that of an HIV patient which does happen - so of course I went to my stash of bandaids so I fix the "boo boo" in the same way tI do day in and day out for my patients.

I give the kids a choice so I was tempted between the happy faces and the tweety birds and tigger and Snow White and Mickey and Minnie and Blue' Clues and Harry and Hermoine and the gang. I opted for a combo of flowers and happy faces of delightful hot colours.

WELL!! I arrived home and my mom - who as you know is visiting - was incredulous. "Just because you are a pediatrician does not mean you have to actually wear your patient's bandaids!", she decared, a look of astonishment. It did not help that earlier in the day she'd discovered mu collection of Nancy Drew books which I keep when my little female patients get really really bored and wnat something new but of course "I" like them too, LOL And I certainly did not inform her that the guy I carpool with - who has a pediatric dental service - does my dental work because I am dental phobic and well, his staff are trained to deal with kids who hate dentists, lol I even got to christen the Diagnostic machine as the Harry Potter Chair!!

Anyway, I am keeping my bandaids. I think life needs more happy faces and colourful flowers! :) :) :)

Cactus Flower
March 30th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Hey, it could be worse, you could have to explain my Eeyore and Winnie the Pooh shirts to her (those characters are in place of the "Izod" alligator).
Or- worse yet- oversized TweetyBird flannel jammies!

I think your style is adorable!

glasslass
March 30th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Why not the "hairy potty chair"? I bought Taz bandaids for hubby!

glasslass
March 30th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Now I'm curious, Cyberkitten. Do you also wear a colorful, printed nursing smock. Not sure if that's what they're called or not. I'm sure that is much less frightening to a young patient.

CyberKitten
March 30th, 2005, 07:59 PM
I usually wear what are known in the biz as "pediatric print scrubs" - I alternate butterflies, Disney cahracters (I have scrubs with aristocats. the dalmations, - I love looney tunes too, lol - pacman et al, an old ninja turtles pair now retro, lol and happy faces of course!!! I usually wear my white coat over them for mtgs and in my office just wear my regular clothes and occasionally have one of theose smocks that were all the rage in the 70's. I have a special elephant for my stethoscope (no Disney characters yet invented tho I am having one made with a Siamese cat on it).

I ordered this online and wear it often in my office:

http://www.allheart.com/disneycardigan.html

That's me - I may have aged but I think being a grown up is highly overarted. Must be why I chose this specialty, lol

Prin
March 30th, 2005, 10:53 PM
I love those bandaids. The pics on them are so detailed. What are you supposed to do? Wear nasty 1950's faded pink? I'm sorry, but colors are the spice of the eyes.

TWilson9498
March 31st, 2005, 09:29 AM
My mom laughs at me too, for my Grumpy shirt that says "I don't do Perky", my tigger watch, my tigger hoodie, my dopey shirt that says I'm with Grumpy. (wear that one when the hubby is around! ;) ) the list goes on and on. My son thinks it's funny, my daughter says awww how cute, but then again he is 6 and she is 4! But hey! They did buy me the tigger watch for my birthday last year, a mom MUST wear her baby's gifts right?! :)