Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

here's a toughie

bremarie03
March 29th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Darcy is ten-week old lab mix, and I'm wondering if anyone has an idea on what she might be mixed with. I know it's really hard to tell with puppies, but I'm clueless....

Cactus Flower
March 29th, 2005, 01:39 AM
I'd say you've got a purebred Sweetie on your hands there, Miss.

:D

I see chocolate lab coloring, but the narrower delicate feet of a smaller/medium breed, so I'm thinking she's not crossed with a large breed dog. Sheltie, Aussie, border collie...the possiblities are endless. Very hard, indeed, to tell with a pup.

When I used to foster, I'd often find myself trying to keep a straight face when replying that my current mutt is a purebred "FigureIt", or a show-quality "YourGuess" LOL. (People have actually responded "Wow, a Yurgis? Really?".........lol.....yeah, really).

bremarie03
March 29th, 2005, 01:47 AM
I always wanted a "figurit"...those are swedish dogs, right, lol.....

She is a cutie, and a sweetie too.

mona_b
March 29th, 2005, 06:49 AM
What a sweetie she is.

Well she's definately not pure.If she was she wouldn't have any white in her... :)

She could possibly be mixed with a Border Collie. :)

badger
March 29th, 2005, 06:54 AM
That's what I was thinking mona, the BC stare-down. Adorable.

Prin
March 29th, 2005, 11:30 AM
The way the ears are suggests maybe collie of some kind (Pitties also have those slightly-upright ears. Show us another pic at 1.5 yrs and we'll be better at guessing.

Schwinn
March 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM
The longish hair and white tuft looks to me kind of like some type of collie or border collie, or sheltie. Is her nose kind of longish? That might indicate a collie-mix as well. Hmm...two longishes in one post. Maybe she's a Longish-Lab?

nymph
March 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM
My guess: border collie, because of the white on chest and on her paws. Ears look a bit like border collie as well.

She's a real beauty! :thumbs up

Gazoo
March 29th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I'd concur with the BC replies also. Any neurotic BC behaviour yet? :p

Lizzie
March 29th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Looks like we all feel the same way---border collie :)

jiorji
March 29th, 2005, 02:27 PM
she's mixed with a breed called "cutie pie". Lots of dogs are crossed with that :D
it's all in the fine print the breeder doesn't tell you about :p

bremarie03
March 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
she's pretty easy going so far. She took to her crate pretty well. She is puppy-biting a lot, but she's in puppy classes so we're working on it. She loves to carry things. She'll drag a broom across the yard just for the fun of it.

Gazoo
March 29th, 2005, 03:58 PM
She is puppy-biting a lot, but she's in puppy

nipping and biting sounds like a BC :D

Trinitie
March 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM
She loves to carry things. She'll drag a broom across the yard just for the fun of it.

That's the Lab part showing through! I concur on the BC mix.

topaz_n29
March 29th, 2005, 04:42 PM
i'm going to post a pic of our late Gypsy..she looks exactly like ur pup..she stayed med. size..we were told prolly sum terrier.but we got her from a farm..so i cud see BC in her also..i will scan a pic of Gypsy and post it.

topaz_n29
March 29th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Here are my 3 Amigo's..they passed over a few years ago..as u can see Gypsy looks like ur puppy Darcy...the white on the front looked just like a longhorned steer...My white Boxer.. Spirit and my Choclate..Bro-d.
MY heart still aches for these 2 girls and my guy :(

bremarie03
March 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM
they are all gorgeous. I bet you miss them a lot... :(