Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Champ has gone

maddoxies
March 27th, 2005, 09:29 AM
We sent Champ to Rainbow Bridge yesterday. My ex came in from Toronto to Montreal, so Champ had his "mum" and "dad" with him at the end.

Champ was a big, wonderful golden retriever, who did not make it to age 9. He was such a softie, and a great foster brother to all my rescue fosters.

He was diagnosed on Tuesday with acute leukemia and gone on Saturday. My vet said that he has only see 3 cases of this in his entire 25+ years of practice.

There was so little time to prepare for losing him. I lost my other goldens at 16 and 14, 8.75 is way too young to lose him. Tonight will be the first night since living alone that I will not have a big dog in the house with me. (Valentin, my mini doxie, THINKS he is as big as rottie, but no one else believes him.)

I know that so many others here have lost their furbabies too, and I know that you are thinking of us and that these posts remind everyone of their losses too,

So until we meet them again at Rainbow Bridge, dogs speed Chimpy Champ

chico2
March 27th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Goldengirl,so sorry Champ had to go so soon,he was a beautiful boy,a happy boy,loved greatly and he will be missed.
Something Karin always says..... :love: Sail on Champ :love:

raingirl
March 27th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I'm so sorry about Champ. My condolences. :grouphug:

Rita
March 27th, 2005, 10:15 AM
:sorry: So sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing a loved one :sad: :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
March 27th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I am so sorry. Champ was fortunate to be with someone who had enough love to do the right thing.:(

niagarapets
March 27th, 2005, 11:07 AM
My sincere coldolences...

Amy

For those who have lost a pet.

I stood by your bed last night
I came to have a peep
I could see that you were crying
you found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly
as you brushed away a tear
It's " me" I haven't left you
I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here

I was close to you at breakfast
I watched you pour your tea
You were thinking of the many times
your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today
your arms were getting sore
I longed to take your parcels
I wish I could do more

I was with you at my grave today
you tend to it with such care
I want to reassure you
that I am not lying there

I walked with you towards the house
as you fumbled for the key
I gently put my paw on you
I smiled and said "its me"

You looked so very tired
you sank into a chair
I tried so hard to let you know
that I was standing there

Its possible for me
to be so near everyday
to say to you with certainty
" I never went away"

You sat there very quietly
then smiled like you knew
in the stillness of the evening
I was very close to you

The day is over
smile and you yawning
and say goodnight, god bless
I'll see you in the morning

And when the time is right for you
to cross the brief divide
I'll rush across to meet you
and we'll stand side by side

I have so many things to show you
there is so much for you to see
Be patient, live your journey out
then come home to be with me

Author Unknown

CyberKitten
March 27th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss!

topaz_n29
March 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Ssy for your loss..i feel your pain..having gone thru many times myself..my thoughts are with you :grouphug:

SnowDancer
March 27th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I am very sorry that you had so little time with Champ. I also have to believe there is a Rainbow Bridge where our pups are waiting for us - running, jumping and playing with no pain. Hugs to Valentin.

BMDLuver
March 27th, 2005, 02:11 PM
M, so sorry for your loss. I can't even put it into words. Just know that I am thinking of you during this difficult time. Big hugs.
J

Cactus Flower
March 27th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I'm very sorry :(

That poem made my eyes leak, and there are many other touching condolences on here, I feel at a loss for what more to say. I'm just so sorry for your loss.

Sadie

Safyre
March 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
:sorry: not sure what tosay, aside from sorry

badger
March 27th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Goldengirl, my heart goes out to you. What a sweet boy he was. I was hoping for a miracle but the odds were against him and you were compassionate enough to see it. I am so glad that your ex was able to be here so that you didn't have to face this alone. Let us know how you are doing.

Copper'sMom
March 27th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Goldengirl, I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. :grouphug: We are all here for you if you need us.

Prin
March 28th, 2005, 01:24 AM
I am so so so sorry. I can't imagine having that short notice. That is so harsh and I will tell my doggies to try to send some doggy love your way (I feel it's the only kind that helps in this situation). You have to try to take comfort in that he didn't suffer long. He had a really happy and privileged life, and died with his favorite humans at his side.http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage35/10.gif

Iggette
March 28th, 2005, 05:16 AM
I'm sorry for your loss goldengirl , Champ was a lucky guy to have you there for him

poodletalk
March 28th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Loosing a family member is never easy. Sorry for your loss

mona_b
March 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I am soooo very sorry for your loss.It's a very hard thing to go through.I went through it 6 months ago with my beautiful GSD Yukon.He too didn't make it to the age of 9.He would have turned 9, March 4th.

My heart goes out to you and your family.Valentin will need all the extra loving you can give.

:grouphug:

goldenblaze
March 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM
As I write my eyes have tears for you and Champ, he was way too young and had the life only many goldens dream of.
You and your family are in my thoughts, take care I'm so sorry for your pain. Champ will be waiting for you and is free of pain. He is and always will be a :king:
Sincerely,
Lorie

Beaglemom
March 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose those who are so close to you.

twinmommy
March 28th, 2005, 11:26 PM
I'm soo sorry for the loss, it's so hard to lose a friend.

godspeed Champ :sad: :angel:

SSAC
April 17th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I too am so very sorry. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

Much love to you and everyone that has gone through this heartbreaking experiance :grouphug:

Princesss04
April 20th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I am so sorry to hear of the lose of your fur baby. It is always hard to lose a loved family member. You are in my thoughts and prayers! :D

Cflat
May 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM
Goldengirl,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Take heart as your dog is still with you. Human/animal relationships are so special and will certainly withstand the test of time.

You had a tough decision to make and you did it well.

LL1
May 1st, 2005, 08:01 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

pupyluv668
May 2nd, 2005, 07:26 AM
HUGS to you...condolence from me, dukie and fluffy... :( :grouphug: