Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not so good news,

Karin
March 25th, 2005, 07:59 PM
But at least the weather matched my mood today.

Doc Stapler called at 2:30pm. Ciara's liver/kidneys are doing just great..that was a shocker.
Another shocker...no need to have another acth stimulation. That has been canceled.
Her hematicrit (sp) is very low. I wish I had the results in front of me, it may (or may not) help to decipher through the tears. Going to bring her in again for a another blood test/smear. Then it's off to Gainesville for a sonagram of her spleen. Bottom line is a possible splenectomy if what is found is benign.
Her "episodes" the vet say's are coming from minute "bleed outs", she is not ready to rule out a sarcoma yet.
I am having trouble seeing the screen. I guess I am glad not to have the results in front of me...I would stare at them all night.
Good days turn into ugly days suddenly.

CyberKitten
March 25th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Oh Karin! I am so very sorry to hear your news! :sorry: ((((Karin)))) I can only give you my hugs, my warmest thoughts and my prayers!

Prin
March 25th, 2005, 08:16 PM
:sorry: That is so sad. Try not to worry too much until you know what is going on (easier said than done, I know). It usually isn't as bad as you think it will be. We'll just all really hope that that is the case here. http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage35/10.gif

http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage38/8.gif

Sneaky2006
March 26th, 2005, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry Karin. :( I don't know what to say... we'll be thinking about you guys :sad:

Iggette
March 26th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Hi Karin,

I'm so sorry your having problems with your lil sweetheart, I must have missed earlier posts of what is going on, but from this one sounds like you are having a bad time of it, My thoughts and prayers are with you I hope all turns out ok for you and your furbaby :love:

BMDLuver
March 26th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Keeping Ciara in my thoughts for a positive outcome. :grouphug: Karin

chico2
March 26th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Karin,I am soo sorry,I'll be thinking of you and Ciara...poor baby,please keep your hopes up,hugs to both of you :love:

happycats
March 26th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Karin, we've all got our fingers and paws crossed for a good outcome for dear Ciara. our thoughts are with you (((((((Karin))))))))

Copper'sMom
March 27th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Copper and I will be praying for you and Ciara :grouphug: