Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Reminder on the toxic Easter Lilly

Shamrock
March 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I bought one of these pretty plants last night to give to my mom over the weekend. Back at home -I then realized I'd better put it safely up and away from the potential "nibblers" - my 3 cats
As we enter this holiday weekend, I would just like to offer a little reminder that the Easter Lilly (and all lillies) are among the MOST toxic of all plants to cats, and can even prove fatal. :eek:
Even a small amount ingested ( any part of the plant) can make a feline very ill. :sick:

I'm sure all the experienced cat people here already are well aware of this, but sometimes things can be overlooked
A safe and Happy Easter to all! :thumbs up

lezzpezz
March 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
A very good reminder. I just about bought one, then changed my mind....not even thinking about toxicity to cats :eek: THAT is exactly why I love this site: free solid info from those in the know! I thank you!

Katze
March 24th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Oh my god, thanks for the tip. I just purchased one about 1/2 hour ago, and had no idea. You just may have saved my kitties a horrible easter.

sammiec
March 24th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

Also a good thing to remember is to keep that easter chocolate out of reach!! No good for dogs and cats!

:)

Prin
March 24th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Am I the only one here who thinks they smell like really bad pee? I don't have to worry about getting one because I really don't like the smell....