Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on dirty kitty

doodlebug
March 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Good afternoon everyone, just wanted to add a few comments I should have mentioned before--he is neutered, has been for about 3 years, and is in very good health.Also the mats i have in the bathroom are brand new, so there would be no smell on them- unless it is the smell of the rubber backing that makes him want to pee on it, i'm not sure. I do keep the liter box spotless, and he does use the liter box, but he also like to use the floor too.
I thank you all very much for suggestions, you've all been a big help!!
Thanks!

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 02:16 PM
I know he is in good health but when was he at the vet last time? We thought out cat was in good health because she was UTD fixed actted fine say the vet once a year. BUT she still had a UTI that is something that will come up in no time even if they are in good health. I would say contact your vet and see what they say and go from there. Do you have pictures of your baby? :D

Lucky Rescue
March 23rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Have you had a urinalysis done? This is the only way to know if he has a urinary or bladder problem, which is very common in neutered males, especially if they eat dry food.

Dahlia
March 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Could very well be the smell of the rubber backing on the rugs. I can always smell that as soon as I open the package, and maybe it smells like pee to your cat. I would definitely take him and have him checked for a urinary infection, even if he seems to be in good health.