Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chat Room Poll

topaz_n29
March 22nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Hi..i Was wondering why there was no chat room..it wud be so nice to carry on a conversation on subjects..or just to make new friends..Am I alone in this? I'd love to know ifin there are others who wud like this also.
If not ..i guess i will have to stik to talking to myself..lol http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/050.gif

Katherine1
March 23rd, 2005, 05:52 AM
There used to be a chat room on here. I used to go into it almost everyday but there was never anyone in the room when I went there. Then when I looked for it a short while ago it had disappeared.

Eleni
March 23rd, 2005, 07:58 AM
a chatroom would be great, but only if people used it, I know im a talkative person so id probably pop in once in awhile, but not if there wasnt people there, talking to my self really is a habit im trying to break ;)

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
They had a chat room on here a little while ago. Everyone asked for it and than when they got it no one would use it so I am sure that is the reason they took it off. I am not sure though. I know when I went in a few times no one was there so I just stopped checking. So I am sure they thought it was a waste and removed it. :confused: :eek:

poohbear123
March 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
A chat room would be cool :thumbs up

Trinitie
March 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM
There was a chat room, but nobody used it. If there's not a call for it, why keep it up?

I think, and I can't speak for Marko on this one, if enough people said they'd use it, he might bring it back. But, I can see it going the way of the Do-Do if nobody uses it.

raingirl
March 23rd, 2005, 09:53 AM
I really wanted to chat, but the chat never worked for me. It would work once, then if I wanted to go back in, I would have to restart my computer. It had too many errors.

I tried to get a scheduled chat going, where people would meet at a specific time, but no one was interested.

Lucky Rescue
March 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
They had a chat room on here a little while ago. Everyone asked for it and than when they got it no one would use it so I am sure that is the reason they took it off. I am not sure though

Lots of us did use it, or tried to use it, but it had so many bugs it made chatting near impossible.

CyberKitten
March 23rd, 2005, 10:17 AM
I entered the chat room twice but there was never anyone there so I gave up on it too.

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 10:17 AM
Oh Lucky I know I went in there a few times. It was black a few times for me. I did not mean that no one wanted to use it. Because I know that everyone was happy that it was up and running but than it never worked right. To many bugs I think. Thanks Marko for trying though we do appreciate that. I think some of us talked some the start in there but was not going right so people just stopped.

Trinitie
March 23rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
Lots of us did use it, or tried to use it, but it had so many bugs it made chatting near impossible.

Ah - see? I was wrong. Not the way of the Do-Do, more like the way of the grasshopper!

Shamrock
March 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
If the bugs could be worked out..could there be scheduled chat times.

One afternoon/ one evening, using site time? These could be daily or weekly, depending on the number of participants.

Its impossible to coordinate times that work for everyone, but the "hit and miss" chat often leaves people frustrated at never finding anyone around, and ultimately the chatroom winds up empty and unused by everyone.. :(

luvmybeagles
March 25th, 2005, 12:58 AM
There's always group chatrooms on AIM.

Anyone can make one, and it's possible to "invite" yourself to go chat.

Another forum I belong to has no chatroom, but everyone knows that if they just show up at this AIM chatroom they're likely to find forum members there.

Jackie467
March 25th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I always wanted to used the chatroom but after the first time I went it the screen was black. I tryed the method Marko gave to fix it but it didn't work, even if it did I wouldn't want to do that everytime I wanted to use the chatroom.

GunnerX
March 26th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I have been working on the latest version of PHPMyChat. This version was never released by php heaven officially. I retrieved all the files from CVS on sourceforge and have modified a lot of the code to my liking. Right now, I host 2 chatrooms. Each one usually has around 8-10 people on weekdays as we all go there during work. I have modified it so it would work on FireFox and not just IE. I will make this available for Marko if required. I can also create another chatroom on my site as a demo to see how much interest there is and if its worth creating one for here.

Iggette
March 26th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I too wanted to chat but there was never anyone there? :(

Stewart
March 27th, 2005, 06:12 AM
I like others tried the chatroom out! Only to find no others in there :confused: And I think it would be great if they bring it back I had no problems with it running :) Please reinstate it !