- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Pivate sale houses

March 22nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
How can you find out what the house is potentially worth?

Also if you put a offer on a private sale house how do you make shure you are covered legally and make sure everything is doen correctly.

March 22nd, 2005, 03:29 PM
Well, I don't know were you are but here in Qc, we have to get house sales notarized and the notary goes through all the house records and sort of validates the sale. Here also we have access to the municipal evaluation and usually you add $30 000 to the municipal evaluation when you sell.

March 22nd, 2005, 03:43 PM
All I know which isn't much is that you get a lawyer that deals in real estate. Also you hire your own home inspector. My mom is a real estate agent you would think I knew more. If you want to know more please PM and I will ask her for you. NO Charge :) lol

March 22nd, 2005, 03:54 PM
thanks lol sorry i posted this in the off topic pet rant sorry :sorry:

March 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
I know you can have your lawyer draw up the offer for you. You can find out what the other houses in that neighbour are going for and that would give you a good indication as what that house is worth. If you have a real estate agent they can put an offer in for you if the owners are willing to give him a commission. And some mortgage brokers will draw up papers for you. We have moved three times in seven yrs i have been through it alot.

March 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
I do not know how it works in Canada but in the States it's easy. Property tax rolls are public, property taxes are ascessed by the county appraiser based on what buildings are there too. We can go the county office with the property description or owners name and find out what taxes were the previous year. This will always be about 10 percent lower than actual value.