Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog walker in vancouver?

moo-goo
March 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
just wondering if anyone has a good dog walker in vancouver, canada? it seems like $15 - $20 is the going rate, but that's a bit of a stretch for me - if necessary i would pay that, but hoping there's another suggestion. i used to have a great girl here who would do it for nearly nothing because she really enjoyed it - but she moved away!

anyways, if anyone knows of someone trustworthy & reasonably priced please let me know (even if it is $15). thanks!!

SnowDancer
March 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Suggest you ask your vet - often they know of people who in fact walk their dogs during the day. This is how I found someone to walk my dog even though it is only a once a week outing. $15 seems to be the norm for a walk which for my dog is 1 1/2 hours in the ravine.

cmt489
March 22nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
Came back and visited this site after a long break. Moo-Goo, it really depends on where you are located and what your dog needs. For instance, private walks cost a lot more than group walks.

Personally, I use "For the Love of Dogs". Their website is www.fortheloveofdogs.ca I have used them since my dog was 8 weeks old. They are excellent!

Oliver attends on their group walks everyday. They pick him up and drop him off. The walk is 1+ hours a day. Because he goes everyday and I "pre-pay" for 10 walks at a time, the rate is $13.60 per walk. They service the west side of Vancouver and downtown. If they cannot help you they can likely recommend someone who can.

Good luck!

Michelle

moo-goo
March 22nd, 2005, 10:47 PM
thanks michelle - i will look them up! :thumbs up