Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crate floor too slippery

Gripenfelter
March 21st, 2005, 11:54 PM
I have a huge 48" crate for my Malamute but he's always slipping and sliding in there. I've put down a blanket but he usually pushes it to one side of the cage. What can I put in the crate to keep him from sliding?

Sticky pads like in a bath tub?

wjranch
March 22nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
I wouldn't use bath tub nonslip mats, he might shred it and ingest some. You can buy crate pads at Petsmart. They come in crate sizes and are smooth on the bottom, but, fake sheepskin on top...with cushioning in between. Very comfy for the dog and not really expensive either. Your dog may still shift it around some, but, it will most likely settle back in place because they are formed to fit the crate.
Good Luck :D

Sadie's Mom
March 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
^^^Yes, I was going to say the same thing. They're cheap, and the one I have is machine washable. Thank GOD because Sadie got into the cat food and had a little explosive diarhea incident at 4 am last night! :p

Also, is crate training working with such a large crate? Or is your puppy using one corner as a bathroom? That's definitely something to watch out for. I sectioned off part of her crate with a box covered with a towel when Sadie was a baby.