Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why do some people get jumped on

Safyre
March 21st, 2005, 10:01 PM
for asking questions about controversial issues..
and other members, that have thier dogs ears cropped, don't get jumped on for doing something that controversial?

Prin
March 21st, 2005, 10:06 PM
Yes they do. The first day I was here, a pitty owner asked if people thought he should get his doggie's ears done... Hoooweee. I think you like controversy... It seems the threads you start always end up getting closed...lol :) By the way, I had a speech all ready about why dogs jump on some people and not others...

dmc123
March 21st, 2005, 10:08 PM
oh my! here we go

happycats
March 22nd, 2005, 06:46 AM
UH OH,
I'm to tired for this today........... :rolleyes:

GunnerX
March 22nd, 2005, 07:21 AM
It's all about forum mentality and the feeling of "community". This happens in ALL forums, not just this one. No matter what it's all about, no matter who you are, it happens.

It all starts with members that have been around for a while and have gotten to know each other well. Most of these members usually have the same opinions and attitude. What then happens is that these members start forming a niche and always post on the same threads and reply to each other. When they see a new person or a new post that is outside of their opinions and beliefs, that's when they attack in a group. What's sad about this is that they just attack without knowing nor caring who the person they're attacking is. Even though it could be a very innocent question with someone wanting to know something, it will get shot down to the point that the initial poster gets extremely insulted and goes on the defensive. I think we've all seen what happens afterwards.

We had such a group in one of the forums I went to. I had to take control of the situation and remind people not to get on the offensive right away. Get to know the person first and try to help them or steer them in the right direction. Just because it's the internet it doesn't mean you can get rid of all your manners. Do as you would in real life. If a family member were to approach you in real life with the same questions asked here, you wouldn't invite all the forum members and yell at the person together until they break down and cry.

Everyone has their own opinion and that should be respected. This is the internet with millions of people online. Do not expect everyone to share the same opinion. Instead, just share what you believe and do not try to impose it on others and things will be a lot better. Be open minded and learn from others.

Sneaky2006
March 22nd, 2005, 07:35 AM
Here we go again.
What exactly do you want Safyre??
Bringing up ear cropping is not going to make declawing okay no matter which way you look at it.

lezzpezz
March 22nd, 2005, 08:13 AM
Enough already, Safyre. This bantying back and forth is becoming quite mundane and it's time to use this forum for what it is intended. You claim to want info or advice on a variety of surgical, pet abuse issues, all of which you fully well KNOW are going to be touchy to some members, and that is why I believe you are brooching them, NOT for knowledge, but rather, for inciting trouble and ticking people off. You have been quite successful. Your masked approach is less than translucent and I respectfully request that you knock off the ruse. As it stands, you are now becoming irritating, having had at least one post closed due to argumentativeness that YOU have caused and this is making this once well-appreciated site uncomfortable and somewhat farcical to participate in. Please don't pester and continue needling the good folks on here, just to derive some sort of simple pleasure, as there are those of us who are not amused by your blatant tactics and are actually here to assist visitors with REAL problems and REAL issues. No more games.....please.......quit trolling
:mad

TWilson9498
March 22nd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you are referring to the Dane that has it's ears cropped... Right? Well, if you are, and you would have read the post properly you would have seen the dog does not belong to the person who posted.
I'm just wondering what satisfaction you get out of coming on here always complaining and pouting that people are mean to you, yet you ALWAYS come back and post another pointless thread that encourages people to jump on you due to your smart mouth. I swear, my child has better manners than you do. If you can't take what people say to you, here's a thought.. don't ask.. or better yet, if you don't like some comments, ignore them. Good grief I really get annoyed by people like you who feed off of other's attention. It is quite sad I must say. I bet if you gave your animals as much attention as you give this nonsense you would have a much better out look on life and not all the time in the world to be on here pouting.
I could have swore in that last thread of yours you out right said you would not be replying anymore, because you didn't like what was said to you.. yet 2 seconds later there is another post from you, encouraging the bs. When I grow up can I be just like you?! I want to waste my time all day long and do completely nothing except argue and pout because someone on the INTERNET hurt my little feelings. Good God get a life and grow up already. You are not 2 stop acting like it.

CyberKitten
March 22nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
I am on my too short break (arn't they all, lol) and I peek in and thought Oh Gawd, now what. I am sorry Safre - I really don't see what your problem is. Speaking for myself and I don't belong to any group or pack and don't attack people - I do not even think if there is a group per se on this site, that the group attacks. Plus, I have been very diplomatic and responded to your questions in good faith.I thought you really wanted answers on declawing but then you sounded like a two year old who asks the same question over and over again in a different way. (Tho a two year old would not have posed in such an out there way if I can put it that way). Then, you added these none too subtle references to breeding - and if you are a reputable breeder of purebred champions, fine but there is no breeding forum here - I believe it was proposed but nixed as there are plenty of sites for breeders online. However, no reputable breeder would stand by and watch the slow death of the pregnant cat you first came on about so I have my doubts. I thought you honestly wanted help and even a good dialogue on declawing which I do not mind. I welcome discussion on topics. But this is the thrid time you have started off on a defenise, whiny note. I was new not too long ago here too - and I had a couple of disagreements with one or two people but the difference was they were good guys who simply disagreed with something I said and we moved on. And they were quite respectful about it.

Your posts seem designed to generate controversy and debate. Debate may be fine but why go lookig for it?

And if you are going to continue on here, the least you could do is update us on that poor little cat. You left us all wondering and worrying and choose to say nothing. That in itself is unfair, more than rude and serves only to tantalize those of us who care. No-one who truly cares about animals and who is respectful of others would act that way.

That's ALL I have to say - Like others, I am tired of all this!

heeler's rock!
March 22nd, 2005, 09:09 AM
:rolleyes: I was going to post a thread asking why newbies that come here get soooo defensive when the people on this board just care about their pets. Safyre, didn't you get a clue from your last thread about cat declawing being closed, that maybe you shouldn't bring up "theoretical" situations about other cotroversial issues?? When I saw your thread entitled "Your not welcome", I thought, "OMG!! What a whiner!!" So many people have been jumped on and made to feel bad about decisions they've made, you're not the only one. But, you are the only one who is constantly complaining about it! If you can't take the heat, stop making stupid remarks about sensitive things, OR GET OUT OF THE FORUM!! :mad:

Dragonfly
March 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen - I see that spring is knocking on the door! You will soon be out and about more, relieving some of the tension that has collected over the winter.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS BICKERING AND GET ON WITH THE THINGS THAT ARE REALLY IMPORTANT!

Trinitie
March 22nd, 2005, 09:42 AM
I'll not see this going further.

Safyre, if you insist on asking questions of a sensitive nature, you'll get "jumped on", anybody would.

The "poor me, poor me" mentality won't get you very far. If you feel you have something helpful to contribute, or have a GENUINE question, then please feel free to pipe in. If you're just planning on starting agrumentative threads, or posting something that a general search will show as a sensitive topic (that's been rehashed OVER AND OVER), then please rethink what you're about to do BEFORE you click the submit button.

To everyone else:
Let's move on now. Safyre knows better now. Let's put the 4 lb cat and declawing things behind us. IF it's brought up again, by Safyre, THEN feel free to respond without flaming. If her posts appear to be of a confrontational nature, it will be brought to the attention of the Admins.

I think this has run it's course now.

Safyre, for your best interests, please move on.