Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SPCA Monteregie/QC

Lucky Rescue
March 21st, 2005, 12:01 PM
This is the only non-kill shelter in QC. Please check out their dogs and cats!
Monteregie (www.spcamonteregie.com)

maddoxies
March 21st, 2005, 12:15 PM
They had the sweetest German Shepherd up for adoption on Saturday. She was so delicate and refined, very gentle. She stood and quietly waited her turn for a cookie and then took it so delicately from the volunteer. Poor baby has been at the shelter for a year waiting for her forever home. If my knee was not so bad, I would have risked being over the doggie limit in Montreal. I dont know if she was adopted Saturday.

poodletalk
March 21st, 2005, 12:28 PM
The website is www.spcamonteregie.com

coppperbelle
March 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
A friend of mine volunteers there regularly. She says that many of the dogs have been there for years and for whatever reason have not been adopted. At least they can live out their life surrounded by other dogs and being well cared for.

ScottGoodburn
March 21st, 2005, 10:07 PM
It's too bad I don't live in quebec, I'd be there in a second, they are all beautiful dogs!

happycats
March 21st, 2005, 10:16 PM
Ditto Scottgoodburn, they are just beautiful!!

goldenblaze
March 21st, 2005, 11:29 PM
What a nice place that is, beautiful animals you can see very well cared for and loved. Great place. :)

Lucky Rescue
March 21st, 2005, 11:46 PM
There really is no reason for beautiful dogs like that GSD to not have a home, other than people don't know about this place. They really need a Petfinder site.

It's too bad I don't live in quebec, I'd be there in a second, they are all beautiful dogs!

Don't let that stop you! I live near Montreal and got MY dog in Hamilton. :D

poodletalk
March 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
"It's too bad I don't live in quebec, I'd be there in a second, they are all beautiful dogs"

SPCA Monteregie is always looking for volunteers! It doesn't matter if you don't live in Quebec. You can help them sell their calenders which is their biggest winter fundraiser. For 10.00$ you can get a beautiful 2005 color calendar. Each date, their is a colored picture of an animal. Your animal can be in the calender as well for 25.00$. For more information, go to www.spcamonteregie.com

Month of May, is their Annual "Strutt your Mutt" which their largest fundraiser whole year long. Its a dogwalk,you need to get people to sponsor you and your pet.(you don't need a dog to participate) Last year there was a petblessing, dancers, agility show. Plus craft tables, bake tables, lunch and breakfast is available. 3 top prizes for people who raised the most money!

Even if you don't live close by, you can always help in many different ways.

coppperbelle
March 22nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
You are right Poodletalk. Their calendars are great and I buy one every year. The 2006 calendar will include a picture of my three goldens. Unfortunately my older girl died of heart failure on October 14 after the picture was taken. I have asked that their picture appear on that date in the 2006 calendar in her memory.

In answer to your question about how some dogs have not been adopted. They have a lot of dogs in residence. Some are lifers and cannot be adopted, others have been there for a long time are old and will probably never be adopted. The lady I know that volunteers goes there to walk the dogs and give them much needed one on one TLC. :thumbs up

coppperbelle
March 23rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
I haven't seen the add in the Courrier du Sud but I have seen it in the St-Lambert Journal.

poodletalk
March 24th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Yes, The Saint Lambert Journal is great putting in pictures of the animals on regular basis. The SPCA Monteregie will be having a nearly new sale on April 23rd at the Saint Lambert United Church.