Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is this possible?

Bearsmom
March 17th, 2005, 05:11 PM
We got our mastiff/rottie mix pup on Monday. Monday he had a few accidents, but nothing major. Tuesday, fewer accidents, Wednesday, one accident, today NO ACCIDENTS (he was gated in the kitchen for 5 1/2 hours while I was out). Is this possible at 8 weeks old? I also was wondering if because he goes outside with Bear (our lab mastiff mix), is he picking it up from Bear?

Gazoo
March 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Way to go...now you jinxed yourself!!!!!

Ya just should have quietly went with it!!!!!!

:p

Seriously though, some doogies just get it right away, cleanliness away from the den is instinctual and it sounds like ya got lucky. :thumbs up

Prin
March 17th, 2005, 05:20 PM
It's possible depending on the intelligence and the abilities of the doggy. When we got our dog, he was around 6 months and not at all house trained and by the second day, he was done.

You just have a smart doggy on your hands. Be aware though that small doggies like that are still developing their bladders and when left alone too long, you should expect accidents...

Bearsmom
March 17th, 2005, 05:35 PM
hoo yeah, I have a sturdy supply of papertowels, oxyclean and carpet cleaner. I don't freak if he has an accident, he's still pretty new to this world.

meb999
March 17th, 2005, 09:33 PM
My dad's Springer Spaniel was housebroken in just a few days also. your pooch is smart...in other words...you'll have to keep his mind busy or he'll get bored -- bored = destruction!! :D