Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chocolate Bunnies Only Please!

Grissom's Mom
March 16th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Hi there. I'm not a really active member here but with Easter coming, if you must give a bunny as a gift, make it a chocolate one only. Tonnes of bunnies wind up homeless (or worse) after people get thier kids a rabbit for easter and it turns out that there is actual work involved in raising a bunny. Bunnies really don't make very good child pets anyway but a lot of people don't bother to find that out until it's too late. Please don't be part of the problem this easter! And while you're at it, don't buy any baby chicks either! Thank you. :thumbs up

Copper'sMom
March 16th, 2005, 03:03 PM
You said it!!! :thumbs up I think everyone on this board would agree with you! This also goes for kittens and puppies too!

sammiec
March 16th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Hey Grissom's Mom!! I as thinking about you the other day! I would LOVE to see pictures of that adorable puppy of yours!!!

Thanks for the note! That's very important!

AND be careful with your chocolate bunnies so that your furbabies don't get into them making them sick!! :D

Grissom's Mom
March 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Sammiec, thanks for the thought. I have pics on the digital camera but I don't know how to download them. I'll post more as soon as I hubby transfers them for me.

lilith_rizel
March 17th, 2005, 08:43 AM
And while you're at it, don't buy any baby chicks either!
That reminded me of a story.

about 7 years ago, my sister Molly brought home 2 decorated Easter eggs from school. (hald boiled but she didn't know it 5 years old) So her and my other 2 sisters 3 and 6, wanted to hatch them, so they put a toy hen on it, and watched it for days. My mom thought it was so cute, that she went out and bought 4 little chicks, and put them in there early Easter morning. , and cut the eggs, so she could clean them out. My sisters still think to this day that they hatched 2 sets of twins.....

Sorry for stealing your thread, it was a muct to share.