Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Apparently stray Golden X in Angell Woods, Quebec

diandpat
March 16th, 2005, 12:17 PM
There is an apparently stray Golden X male dog running around in Angell Woods in Beaconsfield, Quebec. According to the other walkers he has been there all weekend. Animal Control tried for over an hour yesterday to catch him but he is very sly. He will approach you but not let you touch him and if other dogs get too close he will bear his teeth and nip.

It is more than likely that he was dumped there but on the off chance anyone has lost this beautiful dog, perhaps it is a good place to look. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

aussiemedogs
March 16th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Where abouts in Beaconsfield? Can you give me a few streets near there and I will see if I can get out there tommorow and do a quick look. I also live in Pierrefonds! And if you do get a pic please send it to me right away and I will try to track down an owner if I can.
Thanks

BMDLuver
March 17th, 2005, 06:50 AM
It think that's just off of 20 and Woodland. It's the greenspace/woods just over the tracks.

maddoxies
March 17th, 2005, 07:46 AM
If you do catch him and cannot find the owner, please take him to the Jean Talon SPCA. They work with Golden Rescue to help rehome more difficult placements, so his future has a better guarantee at that SPCA.

diandpat
March 17th, 2005, 12:08 PM
No sign of him this morning. No one else saw him either. I might try to get back this afternoon (tho it is St Patty's Day and I am craving something green to drink!). If not I will try look again tomorrow.

BMDLover is right, Angell Woods is north of the 2-20 across the tracks at Woodland-where the golf course used to be.

Goldengirl, if I find him I will take him to the SPCA, on your advice. This "assistance" they now offer must be new as I got my golden girl, Ginger, there four years ago. She had only been there for four days and we got her right before they euthanized her as she was "too old"...she was only listed as being five! :confused:

I'll keep you posted.

aussiemedogs
March 17th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Went looking earlier today and saw nothing...have informed people that I know in the area and have asked them to call me if they spot this dog. I have forewarned not to approach the dog with their dog. Let's see what happens!