Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

still eating his poo!!!

topaz_n29
March 16th, 2005, 09:44 AM
My 9 week old Shih is still eating his poo..i tried the msg. the tabasco etc. w/tabasco ifin i put it on..he won't touch it..but that means walking around w/a bottle in my pocket all the time..lol
When i catch him i open his mouth and try and get it out..telling him bad boy..he's away from his paper when i do this..i might mention..if i do see him going on his paper and i watch him..if he starts to go to eat it..i say "leave" he does and then i go pik it up..any more tips?? thx Top. :yuck:

goldenblaze
March 16th, 2005, 10:18 AM
I think most pups will do this for a short time... I know my Jordie ( shih Tzu) would try to eat Blaze's pup when he was a baby too. He stopped on his own it didn't last long. :thumbs up

Trinitie
March 16th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Ask your vet about "Forbid". It's a product that's supposed to make the poo taste horrible (as if it doesn't already! :yuck: ). If not that, try pineapple juice. A quick search on the net says that pineapple juice is supposed to make it taste terrible too.

mafiaprincess
March 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Meat tenderizer is supposed to work as well to stop them from wanting to eat it.

Forbid is sold at petsmart as well.

heidiho
March 16th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Forbid works great put in there food when it comes out the other end,it tastes like crap...that is a cliche but it works,Get it at your vets

SnowDancer
March 16th, 2005, 11:14 AM
My Eskimo does this as well. Haven't tried Forbid as yet as the little guy is a "smooth operator". Having been working on changing his diet (the dog food part) to corn and wheat free which has helped. But I have definitely found that what determines if he eats his "output" depends on what the input mixture was. I especially hate it when I know he has eaten something of a fabric nature and I need to see the "evidence" instead of waiting for the signs of an obstruction to show up - been there, done that. He also LOVES the cat litter treats - unfortunately none of my dogs ever outgrew that - and since the cat is bigger than the dog - 22 lbs. to 19 - blocking the cat litter box hasn't helped either.

topaz_n29
March 16th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Thx all..the msg. gave him diareha..i have heard of the forbid..so i will make a trip to the city to get some. :grouphug: