Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Well she is over due now!!

Iggette
March 16th, 2005, 04:59 AM
I took yesterday off work to help my son deal with some legal matters. I was hoping Ciera would take that window of opportunity to bless us with her birthday......But no show yet.
I stopped by her place on the way back from the city for a visit, she is still nice and warm in mommys tummy :D but Sarah says that Ciera (tongue twister I know) was not as active as usual yesterday.......so it's off to work I go today in hopes that I get a call.
I work in a factory so she has to call my work, she won't be able to talk to me but when I get the messasge from my superviser it's off to the hospital I go.....weeeeeee I can't wait she said if they allow it I can come in the birth room with her and hubby.
I have heard they will let others in the room now? Anyone here have any experience in that? When I had kids they were not so leanient, but I do hope I can go in to comfort her.......the poor girl hates even a needle let alone a birth :eek: ....lol

jackieb
March 16th, 2005, 06:50 AM
In england they didnt like to many in the birth room my sister had my mum the father of her baby and his mum. I just had my poor hubby who got shouted at alot lol.

Im sure she will be fine i too didnt like pain or needles it certainly toughens you up. I had 3 boys one at home all with no pain relief.

Hope she has your grandchild soon tell her to eat curry and have s*x lol

BMDLuver
March 16th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Both my children were born in Niagara ON and my Dad was in the room right up until both were born. They asked him to leave as they were having difficulties but if it had been normal he would have been there right through. They brought him back in about 5 minutes after. He was thrilled as he held his granddaughters minutes after they were born.

Sneaky2006
March 16th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I don't know what it's like in Canada but here you can have as many people as you want in the delivery room, as long as they don't get in the way.
My niece had a baby last year and she had about 8 people in the room... she probably would've had more but the room was small! I think she's nuts.. there's no way I would have that many people... hubby and mom, that's it for me!

Princesss04
March 16th, 2005, 09:20 AM
I am not in Canda but when my nepauw was born there was the mom, dad, both grandma's, photo person, me, and aunt. In there so there was alot of us not counting all the doctors and nurses. I am so happy for you. This is your first grand baby right? :D

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 09:29 AM
It's her daughters baby... :D
Iggette,you must be soooo excited,I soooo want a grandbaby,but it is not going to happen :sad:
I had my first two babes in Sweden,no painmeds,but my third in Canada with meds....no problems,a great experience!
Personally I would hate to lay there spread-eagled with a large audience :D hubbie(if he can handle it!)and a mom is plenty!

Princesss04
March 16th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Chico, that is how I felt I want it all private when we have ours. We are going to do a water birth when we have ours. We are not planning a family for abou a year though. We wanted to be married two years before children came along. You can not have any grand kids Chico? Everytime I type your name I want to type "Chino" instead of "Chico" that is my puppy's name! LOL So if I ever do call you that I am sorry! LOL :D

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Princess,you can call me whatever you want :D Chico,Chino,Anita,Chica,makes no difference :thumbs up
No,no chance of any grand-babies :sad: two of my sons have longterm relationships with wonderful"older"than them women,who have teenagers..my youngest son has other plans.
But that's ok....we are greatful for what we have :love:

Princesss04
March 16th, 2005, 10:13 AM
You have all your cats to make up for them grandbabies. Plus they all might get jealous if mom is playing and speding time with a 'skin baby" LOL! :D

Safyre
March 16th, 2005, 11:35 AM
In Canada, it depends on the hospital. The one directly in my city, allows 2 people (ie friend, family, HUSBAND) in the room. I am attending my bestfriends birth as her Doula, so I don't get counted, and she can still have two more people.
The hospital half an hour away from my city.. .they have family birth suites, in which you can have up to 15 (yes, 15) people at the birth :)

Tell her to be patient... doctors nowadays like to induce shortly after the due date... but it is OK to be over duesometimes babies need more time.
Remind her that moving will help bring the baby down, tell her NOT to sit in bucket seats (in cars) they are bad for putting the baby in the wrong position ... tell her to walk, to dance, and to enjoy gettinhg sleep!

glasslass
March 16th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I've heard people are videotaping the event now and having special showing for friends. Hope I don't get invited to any of those!

Bearsmom
March 16th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Dear God, Glasslass, we were invited to friends of ours house to "watch a movie". Now THAT was not a movie I intended on seeing. Gave me nightmares for weeks. If my husband would have been anywhere NEAR me with a camera of any type when Robbie was born, you can imagine where the camera would have wound up.

I would have LOVED to have my mom and sister in the delivery room (my sister is a registered nurse in Connecticut-she would have been a big help), but I went into labour the first day of the hospitals being shut down with SARS restrictions, so it was only my husband allowed. Robbie was born via c section, and hubby wasn't even allowed in the room till Robbie was out.