Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet Trade Fair *Reminder*!

Lucky Rescue
March 15th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Pet trade fair coming up this Saturday, March 19 at the Hudson Community center, on Main Road in Hudson. Hours from 10:30 - 4:00

Bake/craft sale, all sorts of pet related items, advice and demonstrations from wonderful trainers like Julie Sansregret!

And of course, there will beautiful and friendly cats for adoption. All were stray and abandoned. Poor Marshmallow (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4146610&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=423792fc76928e7a-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=) will be there. His story is heartbreaking and he desperately needs a home.:(

Sneaky2006
March 16th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Why did I click on that??! :sad: I really hope he gets a forever home this time, poor thing.

Rita
March 16th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Such a sad, sad storry ... brought tears to my eyes :sad:

ksjduffle
March 16th, 2005, 07:49 AM
I have never understood why ppl can be so cruel when all animals do is give you unconditional love. What a pretty boy.

lilith_rizel
March 16th, 2005, 07:56 AM
We have always kept our pets, after we adopted them... Very sad story....

BoxerRescueMTL
March 16th, 2005, 08:07 AM
I'll be coming by Lucky!
And I saw Marshmallow on your Petfinder site last week :( I don't understand either how, once you make that commitment to an animal, you can just "return" them and not work through adjustment issues. People just think things are gonna be smooth sailing..whatever.

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Marshmallow is truly stunning...I think people take him because he's beautiful,like a show-piece in their home,thinking he'll be an instant lap-cat.
There are just sooo many jerks out there,who knows what makes them the way they are??
I would take him in an instant,if I did not already have a troubled cat..there must be other people out there who feel the way we do.
Do the adoptions take place at the fair,do the cats leave to their new homes right then and there?
I'm crossing everything I have,hoping a real cat-lover will come along and see the value in this beautiful cat.

mesaana
March 16th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Lucky: do you know what kind of things will be for sale? And will some of the profit go to pet charities? In other words, should I delay my shopping spree until Saturday?

Lyne

Lucky Rescue
March 16th, 2005, 09:57 AM
I don't know exactly what will be for sale this year. Most of it is pet related and money does go to the rescues. Not sure what kind of items you are looking for, but if it's things like carry cases or litterboxes, then no there won't be any.
From what I've seen, it's mostly dog stuff.

Do the adoptions take place at the fair,do the cats leave to their new homes right then and there?

Depends. Adopters are mostly local people, so I can go with them and check things out if they want to take a cat home. If not, I sometimes take a cat home and they can get it the next day.

sammiec
March 16th, 2005, 09:59 AM
LOL, I am losing my mind!!! I read the subject and thought that people were trading their pets... until I saw who posted the thread ;) LMAO!!!

Lucky Rescue
March 16th, 2005, 10:11 AM
I read the subject and thought that people were trading their pets..

Not a bad idea!! If we could, I'd be trading this Stinkerbell in for a bag of dog cookies....anything!!

sammiec
March 16th, 2005, 10:25 AM
I think Stinkerbelle's been INTO a bag of dog cookies!! LOL! ;)

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I must be a real nut case,but she reminds me of Charlie Chaplin :crazy: