Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally DONE!!!

DogueLover
March 15th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I think I may just have some time to spend on this site again, now that the costumes are finished!!!
I am so glad that I started early because I am sick and not just of sewing.

This has also led to sewing outfits for a wedding for two little flower girls. I will attach the pics of those on this posting. I am looking for feedback, as these were a design that I came up with without any pattern, just an idea of the color they wanted and the age of the kids.

I wish I were little again, because I have been adding costumes to my kids dress up box,all with left over scrap material that I have from the sewing I have been doing. So far they haven`t complained.

Here is the dress I made for the bride to consider for her flower girls...........

DogueLover
March 15th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Here is a look at the back of this dress.......... the bodice doesn`t have any give so I had to improvise..............

meb999
March 15th, 2005, 09:17 PM
I like it....very pretty!!

twodogsandacat
March 15th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Hey! I was expecting a picture of the Dogue. :(

Safyre
March 15th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Love the dresses, love the ribbons for the shouldre straps, and the ribbon carried to the tie in the back.
Very appropriate for flower girls, stylish, but not to where they look like they are 'wanna be adults'.... know what i mean?
good job! :thumbs up

happycats
March 16th, 2005, 06:09 AM
beautiful job !! :)

lilith_rizel
March 16th, 2005, 06:13 AM
That is something even I would wear, and I don't wear dresses very often.....

ksjduffle
March 16th, 2005, 07:51 AM
they are beautiful dresses I wish I had such talent!

Rainy
March 16th, 2005, 08:55 AM
That is so beautiful! Your very talented.You may want to drape dark material behind the hanger so the dress pops and you can see detail better.I am truly in awe of your work! :thumbs up

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Beautiful!!!Ready to take orders??? :D

DogueLover
March 16th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I was talking to the dance instructor and she mentioned that she would like for me to do up several costumes with left overs so that I have a "costume vault" for future years. She wanted to give me 1500 - 2000 to design and sew a room of costumes for her dance school. I told her she would need a VERY big room if I had that much money to spend on costume materials.

I have considered selling some of these in a shop or two but I think I would rather take orders than sell them in bulk.

If any of you have little ones in dance and would like costumes just pop me a pm and we can hook up and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again for the compliments you guys, I am my biggest critic and don`t ever like any of the work I do. I have had to learn to accept compliments on my work because when I look at them I see all the things I could have done better. ( It is a pain in the butt but that`s just me)

These are the "scrap dresses" I made for my girls for dress up clothes

Rita
March 16th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I wish I had a dress as nice as your girls' "scrap" dresses!!! :p :thumbs up

Cinnabear
March 16th, 2005, 11:23 AM
You are a very talented lady. Gorgeous dresses. Did you take fashion design? Very beautiful. :thumbs up

Writing4Fun
March 16th, 2005, 06:09 PM
You are very talented! Those are fantastic costumes, and the flower girls' dress is pretty.

Seeing all your hard work, I'm soooo glad I have boys! My 5yr old's idea of "dress-up" is a blanket tied around his shoulders and a dollar-store sword stuck down the back of his T-shirt! :p