Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Are bluetick hounds born that color?

Dahlia
March 15th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Just wondering because Sophie is black and white and when we got her she had a few black specks on her feet and nose. It seems like every day she has more black specks. I thought she might end up a blue tick. I remember my dad had a blue tick coon hound and a black and tan and some of the babies were bluetick but I don't remember what color they were when they were born. Sophie's a beagle BTW, and she's about 10 wks old.

mona_b
March 16th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Beagles do not come in a colour as "blue tick".They come in black,white,tan and lemon.Or a mixtue of these colours.The "blue tick" refers the the tips on the fur......... :)

Dahlia
March 17th, 2005, 08:06 AM
We had a bluetick beagle once. I guess she could have been mixed with something but she sure didn't look like it. I'll see if I can find a picture of her. Her name was Rosie. She was exactly the color of a bluetick coon hound. She was maybe 15 lbs full grown and I swear if she was mixed I can't imagine with what.

Dahlia
March 17th, 2005, 08:22 AM
This isn't Rosie, she was prettier and smaller than this, but here's a link to pics of bluetick beagles.

http://www.geocities.com/mdclass2001/Ticksie.html