Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Abbi

SSAC
March 15th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Abbi,

You brought me so much joy, so much love and I miss you every passing day.
I feel cheated, robbed, time was far too short, but the beautiful memories will last forever.

Chloe and Sheeba still look for you. I tell them that you "went home".
Connor still calls your name. That's hard, How do you explain to a 17mth old that "Abbi Bear" was sick................you don't.

I placed you next to Miss Gray. You always liked looking down at the river, watching the geese. It's a beautiful spot. You're a beautiful dog.
I hope you found your purple ball.

Friends say that I was brave, for having the strength to let you go with dignity and not allowing you to suffer in any way.
I couldn't be selfish..............how dare I.

When we found the cancer and found that there was nothing that could be done to "fix" you, I promised you that I would never let you suffer. I had to keep my word.
You were the brave one.

Thankyou for coming into my life. Thankyou for all the most perfect memories. We will meet again.........I know we will........... someday.

I will always Love you
mum xx

Abbigail
Aug 25th, 1995 - Feb 21st, 2005
The most beautiful schnauzer

Lucky Rescue
March 15th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Awww..*tears*..I am so sorry for your loss. Abigail sounds like she was a very special girl and I know you will all miss her very much. She was blessed to have such a a devoted and caring "mum".

topaz_n29
March 15th, 2005, 01:41 PM
i'm ssry for your loss..u were most caring in not letting ur baby suffer.Topaz :grouphug:

sammiec
March 15th, 2005, 01:43 PM
OH Sammi! I am so sorry for your loss! Your poem has me in tears. Abbi sounds like she was very loved! ((((((HUGS)))))

SSAC
March 15th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks guys.

It's so hard. I miss her so much. I haven't been to "pets" lately. I'm sure I will check back as time makes things easier. What's especially hard is a "run" of euthanasia's at work. Each one is like "tearing a scab off the wound".

I glad to see alot of newbies on the site and very glad to see some oldies.
It's good to "see" you.

Much love
Sammi xx :grouphug:

pointerfan
March 18th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May you remember all the happy times and
know that you did the kindest thing for Abbi. And remember, all dogs go to heaven. I believe we will all be reunited someday.

doggy lover
March 20th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Sorry to here about your dog, I lost mine over a year ago to cancer too. I know how you feel, time helps.

maddoxies
March 20th, 2005, 05:04 PM
:grouphug:
Our thoughts are with you, We lost our Sam this week to the big C too.

You were a wonderful mom to a wonderful girl. She and her purple balll are at the Bridge, waiting for you.

(note to self: get a tearproof keyboard)

happycats
March 20th, 2005, 05:08 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss, and I am sure you will meet again.

Luvmypit
March 21st, 2005, 01:30 PM
:sorry: I have bene through it before and it never gets easier. God its tough! Sometimes the right answer is the hardest and you made the right choice. I am sure your baby appreciates everything that you have ever done.
Again Im sorry

Iggette
March 23rd, 2005, 04:20 AM
I too am sorry for your loss, sounds like you have picked the perfect resting place for your loved one. God speed Abbi :love:

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 09:39 AM
You can tell that Abbi was loved. Remember are pets are ALWAYS with us not matter where we go. Sorry for what happend. :sorry:

SSAC
March 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Thankyou!

You guys are all beautiful people.

glasslass
March 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry I missed this thread. Your post is beautiful and shows what a loving relationship you had with Abbi. Your memories will always be with you. :grouphug: