Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

TV show to focus on lion & tiger sanctuary.

Karin
March 12th, 2005, 05:52 PM
The Weather Channel's, "Storm Stories" series will be featuring my friend, Jaye Perrett on Sunday's 8pm edition of "Storm Stories". I use to work with Jaye, she went on to become the county's cruelty investigator and has clamped down on many Pit Bull fighting rings & horse starvation cases. She has lately ran the Endangered Animal Rescue Sanctuary a few miles from my home.
Last years Hurricanes will be chronicled in tomorrow's edition. Jaye said a tree crashed through a fence, forcing her staff to patrol the perimeter with guns in case any of the 40 cats got loose. "We were fearful that if a tree got through the lockdown fence, we would have to shoot our babies, we love our animals, so the thought of having to destroy one nearly destroyed us".

High Fives Jaye! See ya tomorrow...

Karin
March 12th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Forgot to add...Jaye works closely with the US Dept. of Agriculture, Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission ...they accept big cats that are no longer wanted by their owners. This has been a growing problem over the years here in this state. No one wants these "unwanted" animals...the word pet does not qualify. Before her rescue group, most were euthanized.
She still does domestic animal rescue and code enforcement.

I myself had an Ocelot in my high school days, then I grew up. To many people think having a big cat is cool, when the urge wears off, guess who pays?

'nuf said..

Karin
March 13th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Found Jaye's website.Check out www.bigcatsanctuary.org. I stand corrected too, she no longer works as the cruelty investigator for the county due to an injury while rescuing a dog.

It breaks my heart to see any animal being abused, the stories behind these big cats makes my heart break bigger!