Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Waste products of the backyard breeders..

Lucky Rescue
March 12th, 2005, 03:19 PM
This is "Nugget" He is a purebred 10 month old Ruddy Abyssinian. His "breeder" brought him to the vet and wanted him killed, since he has some sort of allergy. Nothing was done until he got to this terrible condition and the breeder is not interested in treating him or spending a dime on him. A BIG THANK YOU to Dr.Julie of the Dorion Animal Hospital for saving his life and spending her own money to try and help him. :thumbs up

Nugget is a sweet and purry love sponge, who will be put in a wonderful home after his skin clears up.
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2044454/88810332.jpg

wjranch
March 12th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Poor thing! God bless Dr.Julie :D

Prin
March 12th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Talk about responsible breeding... :rolleyes: That's terrible. We so need stronger laws.

CyberKitten
March 12th, 2005, 03:54 PM
That poor kitty! I hope he'll be fine as soon as possible and then finds a great forever home. I hate irresponsible breeders like that.

chico2
March 12th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Give a hug to Dr Julie,she's the embodiment of a real vet,obviously someone who cares :love:

goldenblaze
March 12th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Beautiful cat how sad him, I agree with others Thank God for this Dr Julie. I'm sure his new family will love him lots, he sure looks special. :love:

meb999
March 12th, 2005, 11:12 PM
We had an abyssinian cat named Cassonade. She died last year :sad:

if anyone is thinking about adopting Rudy...Let me tell you Abyssinians are wonderfull cats! Very affectionate! Rudy is precious...if it wasn't for my allergies...

maddoxies
March 14th, 2005, 06:43 PM
I know who is adopting Nugget. He will have a wonderful, loving home and someone very knowledgeable about his health issues. He is a very lucky fellow. :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
March 14th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I know who is adopting him too,and I was tickled pink to hear from her. :D

A few people are wanting this boy, but we made our decision and this is best for him. YAY!!!!!!

And to "Canine14" - a big thanks for your offer, endless compassion and kindness in wanting to give Nugget a home. I know you are as happy as we are that he is going to a fabulous new life with the purrrfect person!!

goldenblaze
March 14th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Great Job Lucky!
I had not seen this bred of cat before you posting this thread,
truly amazing to see. So happy a great home was found.. :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
March 14th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Okay, now that it's official, I can blab! "mesaana"(Lyne) is adopting this golden boy!!

I can think of no better home for him.:)

happycats
March 14th, 2005, 10:45 PM
YEAH Mesaana, you are an angel :angel: .

Sometimes the posts on this website make me so angry, and then I read something like this (everyone working together to save a life) and then know why I keep coming back :love: (I just keep getting that warm and fuzzy feeling! :D )

mesaana
March 14th, 2005, 10:54 PM
I'm sooo happy!!! I can't wait to get him! But he has to get better (and neutered) first. To pass the time, I'm going on a kitty accessories shopping spree this week :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys!

Lyne

BMDLuver
March 15th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Awww Lyne, so glad you are giving this guy a home. He's going to be very spoiled! I had an abysinnian for 18 years and I adored him. Couldn't ask for a better cat breed.

chico2
March 15th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Awwww,this just made my day... :thumbs up lots of fuzzies!!!

Lucky Rescue
March 15th, 2005, 10:20 AM
We just have one strict condition - you MUST post or send of pics of him in his happy new home.:)

mesaana
March 15th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Lucky: Are you kidding??? I'm actually considering buying a digital camera just for this purpose... ;)

Lyne

Cinnabear
March 15th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Omg, poor cat. At least now he gets to go home with someone who will treat him right. That is just sick what that breeder did. :mad:

glasslass
March 15th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I saw abysinnians at a cat show a couple years ago. They were beautiful - like miniature cougars. I'm so glad he's going to have a great, new life!

canine14
March 15th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Yah Lyne :thumbs up

krdahmer
March 16th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Give a hug to Dr Julie,she's the embodiment of a real vet,obviously someone who cares :love:

I'll get in on that hug... kudos Dr. Julie :grouphug:

Iggette
March 16th, 2005, 05:10 AM
I had never heard of that breed.....but very cute indeed. Don't think I've ever seen an orange cat without that tiger look, just solid like that very original looking.
Awwwwww a cat toy spree I love them I wanna come :D

Lucky Rescue
March 16th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Abyssinians are one of the most ancient breeds of cats. Their coats are "ticked" and the CFA recognizes 4 colours: Ruddy, Red, Blue and Fawn.:)

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 12:06 PM
They are beautiful cats(aren't they all!)we had a breeder on here at one time..not like this particular breeder(I think)...
They look very graceful and sleek,this little guy was very fortunate to get away from a bad breeder :thumbs up

Lucky Rescue
March 16th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Really, Nugget is lucky he got this condition that made him worthless to the breeder. Had he been perfect, he would have been condemned to spending his life in a cage as a stud. This way, he'll have a real life as a cherished pet!:)

I didn't dare go see him for fear I would bring him home. I always kind of wanted a purebred cat,and snorty/purring love sponge boys are my favorites!!:p

CyberKitten
March 16th, 2005, 04:37 PM
He really is a cutie and Abys are beautiful cats (almost as beautful as Siamese, haha ;) ). Lucky, you should have adoopted Maya (remember the Siamese I almost ended up with) if you want a purebred cat. btw, can you believe the local SPCA has a Siamese female there now? (I may go take a look but if I do, she likely will not still be there, lol)

Congrats Lyne!!! You are miost fortunate to get such a beauty and she is lucky to have you!

chico2
March 16th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Me too Lucky,but these cat-cats keep falling into my lap :D But they certainly are snorty/purring love-sponges,all three of them :love:
You have a way with words :D :D :D

mesaana
March 18th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I went to visit him today: what a sweet purr-machine!!! His neck is not yet quite healed but much improved. I'll pick him up tomorrow am, stop by the Hudson Pet Fair and then go on to Ottawa with him. I picked up the essential stuff and will get the rest this week.

I can't wait!!!

Lyne

mastifflover
March 18th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Well thank goodness for people like Dr. Julie and Lyne. Destoy and animal because of a skin problem that is disgusting. Glad he is going to a loving home. Can't wait to see pictures of him in his new home.

BamaRama
March 18th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Kudos to Dr. Julie...and Kudos to LR and Lyne! :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
March 19th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Finally got to see this boy this morning at the pet trade fair ( I was afraid to go see him at the vet in case I brought him home!)

Lyne dropped in to show him off, and he is just incredible!! Beautiful, sweet and personality plus! His neck looks great - pink and smooth.:)

It's really true that one person's trash is another's treasure! Yay!!:D

Prin
March 20th, 2005, 07:09 PM
It is so great when animals that are mistreated get the care they need. That kitty is going to be very lucky. :)

poodlewoman
March 21st, 2005, 02:21 PM
So who was this "breeder" who found him so inconvient ? Spill the beans-inquiring minds want to know!

Lucky Rescue
March 21st, 2005, 07:27 PM
Pet stores will never tell you the names of the disreputable, irresponsible, greedy and uncaring bybers or puppy mills who supply them.

Here is the whole story on this guy:

Romeo was bred by someone who supplies pet stores, and he was sold to PetLand. A customer bought him and watched until his neck was scratched into a raw infected mess. Customer took him back to the pet store, and THEY brought him to the vet to be killed as defective merchandise