Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kittens are getting hungry

Ghullums_mom
March 12th, 2005, 04:26 AM
ghullums kittens *with clean bills of health* are now starting to eat mommys treats. i was wondering if this is a bad idea or if i should let them. i was just curious. their doing fine by the way, cute as ever! soon as i get more batteries for my digi cam youll see for yourselves. :D

chico2
March 12th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Ghullums mom,I assume it's allright,how old are they now??Still nursing?
Nice to hear from you again,can't wait for pics :D
Did you try feeding them some"wet"kitten-food?

Dahlia
March 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Hi! I would wet some kitten food and give it to them.

CyberKitten
March 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Have you bought them specific kitten food? They need that because it has the necessary nutrition for kittens. Eating mom's treats may be fine but they need their own food.

Ghullums_mom
March 12th, 2005, 02:06 PM
there a month old. and they are allready eating the kitten food that ghullums been eating since she got preggers. i woke up this morning to see 4 little bodies sticken out of the food bowl. it was soooo cute. they still feed, i think. i saw them all on her last night, but it was dark. anyway.

soon as i get bateries youll see them.

Lucky Rescue
March 12th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Just a warning, in case you don't know. Clumping litter can be lethal to tiny kittens. Use plain clay litter.

OH, and get a clothespin for your nose. Kittens are STINKY!!:p

Ghullums_mom
March 15th, 2005, 12:30 AM
i didnt know about the litter thing, the vets i worked with always used the same old clumy kind. what do you suggest, i use the um......fresh step or something like that. the kittens seems to like to lay in it. what do i do?

CyberKitten
March 15th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Do NOT use clumping litter. Kittens can swallow it and it expands inside them, creating a potentially fatal obstruction. Just read the various litters - it will say on the package whether it is clumping or not.

chico2
March 15th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Ghullums mom,just get the regular litter,you need to change it more often,but it is safer.I've even stopped using clumping litter for my grown up cats,I did not like the dust even the"dust-free"litter created.