Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello Everyone I'm Dice

DICE1996
March 10th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Hi My Name Is Mary, Im From Ontario, Canada.

I Already Posted Some Pic's Of My Baby Dice But If You Guys Haven't Seen Them Here They Are.

She' An 8 1/2 Year Old American Pit Bull, Very Well Behaved And Loves To Kiss Alot.

PLEASE SEE POST BELOW

DICE1996
March 10th, 2005, 02:53 PM
She tore her nail one day playing in the backyard, when she came inside it was bleeding alittle but it didnít look like it was nothing serious so I left it alone. A couple of days later I noticed it got swollen and very painful for her so I took her to the Vet, he cut a portion of the nail off, not much, bandanged it up and put her on antibiotics, off home we went.

The following week it started to get very painful again so I took her to the Vet and he said he had to remove the whole nail under anasthetic, he also took x-rays cause he thought it might be a tumour but everything came back normal. He did gave us stronger antibiotics and medicam for pain itís bandanged up but still swollen. He says if the swelling doesnít go down in a couple of weeks he says we have to amputate the toe.

It's been swollen for 2 weeks now

THIS HAPPEN TO ANYBODY?

topaz_n29
March 10th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Wlcome to the site Dice..I hope all goes well w/ur baby..he is sweet.
Topaz :grouphug:

wjranch
March 10th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Welcome to the site! :grouphug: I'm also in Ontario :) Used to be a nice place to live :( DAmn Bryant!
You're baby is beautiful! Holy Moly those shoulders! I posted a response to your other post about her foot. Hope all goes well.
You'll enjoy the site very much