Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone use Zep carpet cleaner?

Dahlia
March 10th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I have been using it for several months and found that it works better than anything else I've tried. I have a baby and he often spits up on the floor and if he's had carrots or sweet potatoes, it is very hard to get out of my cream colored carpet. But the Zep is very good, I just spray it on and it foams up, wait a few seconds and wipe with a dry cloth - and the stain is gone! Even if it's already dried before I find it. I've also been using on the spots where Sophie has accidents on the floor. I use Nature's Miracle first, and if I catch it as soon as it happens it comes out, but if I don't find it right away the Nature's Miracle doesn't always get all of the stain, so I use the Zep and it's gone. As some of you may know she's had diarrhea with some blood since she's had coccidiosis, and a couple of times she went behind the couch and I didn't find it til the next morning. There were a couple of drops of blood that the Nature's Miracle didn't get out, but the Zep took it right out and I didn't even have to scrub.

I did an online search to see if this cleaner was harmful to animals and didn't see anything mentioned about it. It's a commercial carpet cleaner that I got at Sam's Club or Home Depot, don't remember for sure, anyway they also make a shampoo for the steam cleaner. I haven't tried it yet but I will.

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

twinmommy
March 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I'll keep an eye out for this one, thanks!! :thumbs up

As a rule, anything that I'm iffy about the toxicity I usually don't use it. However, certain stains in certain areas that need something powerful, I ususally swear by Hertel, and it's biodegradeable. (Is this turning into a commercial??? ;)

And then just go over the area again with my usual vinager, water and baking soda (mix it slowly IN the water because it foams>>vinager+bicarb) which cleans away any toxic residues.

Dahlia
March 10th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I was kinda worried about the toxicity because of the baby, and it does smell a little strong at first, so after I get the stain out I go back over it with water to rinse it out.