Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone going to Canada Blooms (anyone in GTA)

raingirl
March 10th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I REALLY wanted to go, but I just don't have the cash. $15 to get in...plus gas and parking, and I don't even have the money to buy anything.

Last year I went and spent $100 on tropical flowers...And I still have all 8 of them. I really wanted to buy an Orchid this year because they had 100's and 100's of them, so a great selection.

Stupid new job..I wish you started by now so I could go!!

Schwinn
March 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM
My wife asked me to go last night, then when I laughed, she pointed out that she offered to go to the bike show with me. So, I'm afraid I might be. :sad:

;)

Britishvixen21
March 10th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Im going on Saturday. IM very lucky in that I have a freind who works there every year and if i pack him an extra sandwhich I get in for Free. where you looking for someone to get you something there?

raingirl
March 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM
No...not really. I always like going because there is a seller there that sells the plant I collect. I always end up buying more than I have room for though. And this summer I am in a new apartment with no balcony (there is a covered one but it's not very good for plants, as it gets TOO hot).

I am a big gardener. I love plants. I did a part time job one summer in landscaping and loved it.

Last year I took a ton of pictures at Canada Blooms! Last year I got free tickets through work, as my company was a sponsor.

I was wanting to go more because it would be a "pick me up" as the weather is so dreary right now...

Britishvixen21
March 10th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I wish I could get you tickets :( to cheer you up but my freind sneeks me in somewhat with a pass.
I am a huge gardner also, back home in the UK when I got my first house my Grandmother who has been a huge gardener her whole life came and taught me everything she knows and ive been hooked ever since.
We have a small balcony and im looking forward to working on that this summer and making it look nice. Got any tips on what are good plants for a smallish pot? I dont want something overtaking my balcony

Bearsmom
March 10th, 2005, 01:29 PM
No. Canada Blooms Show just reminds me how bad I am at gardening, and everything I touch dies within days. It's such a bummer.

doggy lover
March 11th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Wish I could but I have to work 11-7 all weekend, sucks to be me. Have fun. That is something I'd love to drag my husband to he hates flowers.ha ha

jiorji
March 12th, 2005, 11:01 PM
NO WAY!!

there's a PLANT show?? ........and i work...this makes me sad :( VERY sad!
i've become a garden freak LOL and i've already started collecting summer bulbs ...and i don't get to go to this plant show :(

will any others be coming up??