Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Elavators broken and Odin doesn't like the stairs!

raingirl
March 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM
So..I learned something new today. Odin doesn't like the stairs.

I went to the elevator with him to take him out, and the button wouldn't lite up. I went down one floor with him, same thing. He whined though, when we hit the stairwell...so I didn't think it would be good to take him down 10 flights of stairs.

My BF gets home in about 25 minutes, so I told him to find out the status of the elevators on his way in, and if we have to, Odin is going down 10 flights of stair tonight!! Then he has to climb up 10 of them to get home (I'm not actually looking forward to that either).

mafiaprincess
March 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Mine took 2 months to get used enough to carpeted stairs to use them herself. She still finds the stairs in our apt. building and my parents basement stairs completly different and refuses to use them.

maddoxies
March 9th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Puppy pee pads are good thing for apartment dwellers to keep on hand for emergencies.

My elderly golden could not physcially do stairs, and we had a power failure while living on the 12th floor. There was no way I could carry a 65 pound golden up and down those stairs. It took a lot of convincing for her to pee on the pads out on the balcony (at least it was summer).

Hope the elevator is fixed soon

raingirl
March 9th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Yeah...I guess it all depends on how desperate he gets to pee. Thank goodness I took him out around 10:30 am! He should be able to go another hour MAX if needed...

I wish we had puppy pee pads. At this point, I would be happy to stick him in the tub and pee there. At least the tub is easily cleaned!!

Archie just got home and said the landlady said the elevators should be fixed within an hour! Yay!

mafiaprincess
March 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
lol. Being on the 6th floor, I taught my cocker spaniel to use a potty box. It makes life far easier until I move home from university. Although havign a box with wee wee pads in the living room isn't the most tasteful piece of furniture we have. :rolleyes:

Prin
March 10th, 2005, 12:42 AM
My dog was taught to pee in the tub when her previous owner was gone for 5 months and for a while after we got her we'd come home to yellow dried stains in the tub... I like the balcony idea better...

lilith_rizel
March 10th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I worked with Cano and the stairs for 2 weeks, before I decided to put him on his leash, place him on a step in the middle of the flight of stairs, and hold on to the leash, while putting a treat on each step between him and me. It took only 1 time with that, and he was up and down those steps like it was nothing. Maybe it will work with Odin.