Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Name the RCMP puppies (For your kids)

Shamrock
March 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM
I copied this from my local newspaper. Though I dont have any young children, thought this might be of interest to those of you who do. :)
It would be quite an honour to be selected, but just nice to enter, I thought.

Name the Puppy Contest:

Ten German Sheperd Puppies destined to serve and protect with the RCMP need to start off on the right paw - with an appropriate name.
Through March 31st, the RCMP will accept submissions for names for the pups, born at the Police Dog Service Training Centre in Alberta.
Its the the fifth "Name the Puppy" contest, open to residents of Canada younger than 16 years.
The rules are simple :
Pick one name for a male or female pup. It must start with "R" and reflect the pups future working with the RCMP. The names cannot have more than nine letters and can only be one or two syllables. Entries can only have only suggestion per piece of paper or postcard.

The submissions can be sent to :
The Office in Charge, Police Dog Service Training Centre
Box 6120
Innisfail, Alberta
T4G1S8
Attn: NameThe Puppy Contest

Winners and prizes will be anounced April 6th.

CyberKitten
March 9th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I saw this not long ago and posted it in my office - it has generated much discussion among the kids. The same was true of the contests to name the foals that they sent out to schools too. It takes the children's mind off the fact they are there to see the doctor and have to put up with my poking and prodding. One little girl - all of 8 - suggested today four of them should be named for the officers who died in that ambush in Alberta. ("who needs R?" she said, :) Out of the mouths of babes!