Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help I bought A maybe pregnant cat from A breeder.

captaindoxy
March 7th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I recently bought A beautiful red persian the breeder had been in the hospital and she understandably did not think her new male stud would get frisky I guess. Anyway I took paprika to the vet and the girl told me that they didn,t see any kittens on x-ray? Then A week later I swear I can feel At least one kitten her nipples are pink and she is sleeping alot really lovey.Eating alot to and since she is A persian when I bathed her she is pretty big I figure at the latest she is 7 weeks.My question is how can I tell if this is real the vet said wait and see but the breeder said because of when her nipples turned she should be due on march 10th.Totally confused help! :confused: :confused:

lilith_rizel
March 8th, 2005, 10:31 AM
I am sorry I can't help. But I would love to see a picture of your beautiful kitty.

Maybe you can get everything ready for her, just incase she would be pregnant. Get a big box, lots of old sheets to put in there and put in in a small room that you can turn into her room. Get her used to going into the box.....

We had to do that once, when my mom brought home a kitty that she didn't know was pregnant. Some guy found it under his hood of his truck at a gas station, and asked my mom if she wanted it. She named her Lucky.It was so tiny it looked only 8 weeks, but had to have been older. We had Lucky for years, and she never got bigger. She did have 5 wonderful babies, all looked just like her. Most wouldn't feed, so I worked with them when I wasn't in school. I was in kindergarten, so I was home everyother day.

Sorry about stealing the thread.

Hope everything works out. And welcome to Pets ca

meowzart
March 8th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Typically the nipples turn pink at about 21 days. In a couple more weeks the vet should be able to tell by feel.

CyberKitten
March 8th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Have you considered having her spayed?

captaindoxy
March 8th, 2005, 03:51 PM
However until I know whether she is pregnant I won,t touch her. :)Plus I actually bought her with breeding rights thinking of starting A cattery,however I do not promote breeding as A rule and you cannot tell if the people taking your kitten feel the same way.Thank you for your concern though I do understand it.

CyberKitten
March 8th, 2005, 04:12 PM
You can decide who you allow to "adopt" your kittens though - if one does breed and I do not advocate that unless you have experience and breed only champion cats. It is expensive endeavor.

Reputable breeders have a contract and evaluate potential adoptees VERY carefully.

If this cat is pregnant, my advice would be to have her spayed. If one does want to breed a champion cat, it is best to plan it and not do it just because one ended up with a pregnant cat.

I wish you luck with your kitty!