Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do vets get paid to endorse a certain brand of food?

Dahlia
March 7th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Just curious. I took my puppy to the vet today and he recommended that I get her on a "good quality dog food like Pro Plan." They also have bags of ProPlan for sale in the lobby. I told him that I was planning to put her on Nutro and he said that a lot of dogs do well on Nutro, also.

I read the ingredients on both brands at the pet supply store the other day and liked the looks of the Nutro better (don't remember now exactly why), and they were the exact same price. Anyway, it kind of sounded like he thought Pro-Plan was the best, but Nutro was okay.

What do you think? Which one is better?

twodogsandacat
March 8th, 2005, 12:21 AM
They also have bags of ProPlan for sale in the lobby.

I'd say you answered your first question yourself.

Nutro is great food although I no longer use it as I needed a food for both my dogs and the large breed formula I used for one wasn't right for the other.

greaterdane
March 8th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Yes vets get paid for endorsing a certain brand of dog food. A good example of this is Science Diet, its no better then your grocery store brand but certain vets will promote it until they are blue in the face. Stick with the nutro, its a very very good food and they also make great treats.