Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A little intro...

Prin
March 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Hi, my name is Prin and since I'll probably have a lot to say, I thought I would let people know who I am a little bit. I've worked a bit as an animal heath tech and in kennels and I have had big dogs my whole life (all of it except 36 days total). I've had a newfie, two dobies, a yellow lab and now I have Jemma and Boo. Jemma is a lab husky mix and Boo is a newf pointer mix. I end up talking about dogs so much that people get annoyed so I go to a couple of forums, give my advice and get my fix (there are just not enough people at the dog park these days to help!) I'd say (actually a lot of people have told me) that I am good with dogs behaviorally and as far as health goes and the many links in between. I think I am of a rare breed though- I listen to others' knowledge-- a lot of dog-knowers are so set in their ways...
So that's me. Here is Jemma and Boo's pesite here at pets.ca:
http://www.pets.ca/petsites/viewpet.php?petid=2132
I also attached a little pic of them...

happycats
March 6th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I love them, they are gorgeous.
I was lookig into getting a Newfie mix myself!!

Oh yeah; WELCOME
Sorry :o

twinmommy
March 6th, 2005, 11:27 AM
cute pics :thumbs up

Welcome to the board!! :)

chico2
March 6th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Beautiful dogs,does one of them have blue eyes,or is it just the way the pic is taken......?http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF
Not that I am biased in any way,but this is the best Petlovers Forum!

Lucky Rescue
March 6th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Hi!:) I've been reading your posts, and your insight, knowledge and advice is most welcome here! :thumbs up

Your dogs are just gorgeous and if you think you'd like to add a kitty to the mix, give Lucky Rescue a call.

ScottGoodburn
March 6th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Very adorable dogs, and maybe I'll have some questions for you in the future!

Katherine1
March 6th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Hi and welcome - what beautiful furbabies.
I lightened the pic a bit - I know I must have to much time on my hands :D

Karin
March 6th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Welcome aboard!

You'll find we have a very large litter of animals lovers here.

Dig your nails in the carpet with your brakes on and stay awhile, also resist the trolls, they are nothing but a squeaky toy intended for gnawing on and being tossed around...(until the muzzle comes out)

Karin & The Super Uber Goober, Ciara.

topaz_n29
March 6th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Welcome prin..u will love it here..I will be looking forward to any info u might be able to pass along..Everyone is sooo helpful here.
Topaz :grouphug:

topaz_n29
March 6th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Welcome prin..u will love it here..I will be looking forward to any info u might be able to pass along..Everyone is sooo helpful here.
Topaz :grouphug:

The Best Way For A Father To Show Love For His Daughters.....Is To Respect Their Mother

glasslass
March 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Welcome! Your babies are beautiful! :)

Prin
March 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Ya the little one's eyes are blue. They're nuts. Sometimes when she's in the shade and looking into the sun, she'll blink and disappear and when she opens her eyes again it's like beams of light. It's hard to believe that 4 people before us gave her away. And the first guy gave her away at 21lbs! Imagine how little she would have been. Now she's around 62 lbs. The big guy is 96lbs. Newf mixes are great but my god they shed, they shed, they SHED. And it seems that ours has all undercoat and no over coat so the hair is light and fluffy and is everywhere- you can feel it and taste it but you can't see it.

Prin
March 6th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Here's a better picture of her eyes... But I gotta say, the other one, my big Boo's eyes are orange and that's really cool too (I try to keep the attention equal...)

deerclan
March 6th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Welcom Prin ! I see you have met the rest of the gang and all the good sayings are already taken :D Looking forward to seeing more pics of your two pooches

Princesss04
March 7th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Welcome on board we all look forward to getting to know you and your fur babies better. :D

mummummum
April 30th, 2006, 02:48 AM
:party: Good Morning All!!!!:party:
This as you can see is Prin's very first post. So since she's rolling over to the big 10K mark today. I thought we should have a bit of a :party: :crazy: :pawprint: Woohooo!!!:pawprint: :crazy: :party:

glasslass
April 30th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Woke up. Couldn't resist checking to see if she hit the big one yet. Nope! Not yet! I smell something brewing! What's she going to do? I know she's up to something!The suspense is killing me!

BMDLuver
April 30th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Hehehe... guess she wasn't kidding when she wrote this I'll probably have a lot to say..

Seems a lot was an understatement... ;) Wouldn't it be a bummer if the counter froze at that number? :eek:

Now just all have to wait for her to post away and see if it goes higher...

chico2
April 30th, 2006, 07:41 AM
BMDlover,I was thinking the same..boy,did she have a lot to say:D
:party:

Bushfire2000
April 30th, 2006, 08:30 AM
How very cool!!
Makes me shudder to think that our old posts are just waiting out there to bite us in the a$$.

Prin, Make this post The Big one!!
WE wait with baited breath.

glasslass
April 30th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Ewww! Fish breath! :yuck: What happened to Prin?:confused: :confused:

Prin
April 30th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Here it is! (If it counts...)

How embarrassing that you dug up this old thread... :o Pretty funny. Seems like so long ago....

I'll bet after this, everybody will search themselves and delete out the bad stuff.. Not me.:D (I did delete all the pics of the man, because he was not amused, but otherwise the rest is still intact).

Thanks everybody for sticking with me... I had my share of both being the flamer and being the flamee and it's still fun.:crazy:

phoenix
April 30th, 2006, 06:47 PM
:highfive: Way to go Prin!!!
You are hitting quite a few milestones this week!