Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's a girl!

Dahlia
March 3rd, 2005, 03:11 PM
We got our puppy last night. My uncle said she's about 8 wks old (he doesn't remember her exact b-day). She is the cutest little thing. Right now she's sleeping on my lap. She's a very good eater! Last night when we got home I gave her 1/3 cup of puppy chow and added warm water. I didn't expect her to eat it all but she did and I think she would've eaten more if I'd given it to her but her little belly was pooched out like a balloon. On the bag it said a medium size dog of her age should be given 1/3 to 1cup of food each day. I'm feeding her three times a day.

I gave her a bath today because she was very dirty. I just used plain conditioning dog shampoo and towel dried her then wrapped her in a dry towel and let her sleep in it til she was completely dry. She smells much better now.

She's on Purina puppy chow right now but I want to put her on Nutro as soon as this small bag of Puppy Chow is gone.

I posted some pics of her in the picture forum.

BMDLuver
March 3rd, 2005, 03:46 PM
Buy the nutro now and start adding a little bit at a time. The more gradual you increment the better off she will be. Congrats on the new addition! Pictures please.

mastifflover
March 3rd, 2005, 03:56 PM
Listen to BMD otherwise your new baby will end up with the runs. Congrats on the new puppy. Also pics are mandatory I think I saw that posted somewhere

Trinitie
March 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
You're in for a treat! Nothing in this world can compare to puppy breath!!!

And, mastifflover, you're right. Manditory pics! :D

Dahlia
March 3rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
You can find her pics on the picture forum. I didn't know if I should post them here so I put them over there. Check'em out. They're adorable!

BTW, what's a BMD? Sorry, new here. :o

happycats
March 3rd, 2005, 06:18 PM
LOL BMD, thats to funny! :D

Sorry BMD is actually BMDLuver, the first person who responded to this thread!

By the way, Welcome, and your little furbaby is adorable.

Lizzie
March 3rd, 2005, 06:36 PM
BMD = Bernese Mountain Dog, right? ;)

BMDLuver
March 3rd, 2005, 06:48 PM
Very right Lizzieblue, the only dog I would probably drive days to rescue!

Dahlia
March 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks! Haha, I knew it was BMDluver, I just didn't know what BMD stood for and I was guessing it was some type of a dog. Those are beautiful dogs.

CarlaD
March 4th, 2005, 07:54 AM
I posted in your pic thread as well, but wow she is such a cutie, I keep going back to look at her pictures.