Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We now have our own Bill, not as serious as yours though

TWilson9498
March 3rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
This is from the Mobile Resister this morning...

Brothers Mathieu and Nathan Frank were outside playing in their Alabaster neighborhood last November when they were attacked by a weapon their father considers just as dangerous as a gun or a knife.
Mathieu,10 and Nathan,9, were attacked by a pit buill that circled the boys and then attempted to bite Mathieu in the face. He used his arms to shield his face and still has scars where the dog bit him. The animals didn't ease up on his attack until Nathan hit him in the head with a bicycle helmet.
"That was my only choice," Nathan said Wednesday when the two youngsters appeared with their father, Chris Frank, at a meeting of the House Judiciary Committee, which passed a bill that sets up a procedure for local governments to deal with dangerous dogs.
The bill, by Rep. Cam Ward, R-Alabaster, was approved on a voice vote. It allows local courts to fine pet owners and order dogs quarantiened, even allowing judges to order dogs euthanized, in certain situations.

This isn't as bad as a ban of course, but it's on the path there. The only part I like is the fact they are not centered on one breed, it just says dangerous dogs, hell that can be any dog, given the right owner, not just a certain breed. That part I like, the rest.. umm yeah..

Trinitie
March 3rd, 2005, 09:18 AM
This has been moved to the General Forum as this isn't a health related question.