Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hoax or Horrible Cat/ Ferret Owner?

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2005, 10:59 AM
http://www.saveourpets.net/

There are lots of odd hoaxs on the net like the bonsai kitty site, I was wondering what people's take on this was?

ScottGoodburn
March 2nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
hoax, or owner can't afford pets

happycats
March 2nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
OMG I can't believe it, please someone tell me it isn't true!!
It does have contact info.

Bearsmom
March 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM
Too bad I couldn't get a hold of his address. What kind of an idiot does this? GRRRR.. Am in a pissy enough mood today, now this.

Oh, yeah, and everyone needs to send me $25 right away. Don't know why yet, but I'll come up with something. Hee hee

Trinitie
March 2nd, 2005, 11:59 AM
There have been things like this before, on the Internet. One, in particular, was an owner who threatened to eat his bunny unless he got $20,000. The last dollar figure for that one was that he got something like $15,000. I didn't hear the outcome.

To me, it's a scam. I've found no sites indicating these people are real animal haters, or bunny eaters. I think it's aimed at animal lovers, such as the people here, who might give a dollar to save the animals.

Think about it - the person took the time to register an Internet site name, which costs money. People will do stupid things in the hopes of getting money. There was one woman who created a website that listed her need to pay off her student loans. She got the money I believe.

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
I figured it was a hoax, just it tugs at your heart strings...

Schwinn
March 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Hoax. The ferret is running all over the couch, and the cat looks to be in pretty good shape. If it wasn't a hoax, I think the animals would be in worse shape. Someone who really cares that little about them does not allow them the run of the house, or keep them well-fed and groomed. It goes along with all those EBay items that are bogus as well. (For example, next time you see a sob story, pick out part of the story and do a search. I once found almost one hundred items for "ghost cane".)

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2005, 01:19 PM
I rather suspect by looking at the picture of the cat (which seems altered because the head is out of sinc vis a vis its proximity to the plate) that they may have been "borrowed" from another site online and this is just a money grab operation. I think the best solution is to find out who owns the domain name and lay a complaint with whatever BBB in the appropriate jurisdiction.

CyberKitten
March 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
I checked. This is who owns this site:
Save Our Pets
639 probasco st
Cincinnati, OH 45022
US

Administrative Contact:
Simpson, Joshua contact@saveourpets.net
639 probasco st
Cincinnati, OH 45022
US
Technical Contact:
Simpson, Joshua contact@saveourpets.net
639 probasco st
Cincinnati, OH 45022
US

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2005, 01:50 PM
I've googled for other things in the past, and have seen the ebay scams.. Sorry to alarm anyone. I didn't know anything about searching for domain names.

wjranch
March 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
the website has been cancelled.. total hoax!

maddoxies
March 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Does anyone live in Cinci? Call the fraud squad, even though the site is now cancelled.

mafiaprincess
March 3rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
This site was brought up on another forum.. Apparently they called paypal and gave them an earfull. And other people possibly emailed in complaints.

CyberKitten
March 3rd, 2005, 01:11 PM
It may be "cancelled" but the domain name is still registered to the same individual so it can be up and running any time!