Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any opinion on breed??

Flyinby
March 1st, 2005, 01:22 PM
Lucky, (or anyone else) We get our new dog soon! She was going to be thrown into a lake..Her foster family rescued her from a sick man outside a store and when they made a comment on how cute she was to the man he replied "You want her? If not I am going to throw her into the lake" It's hard to comprehend... 2 weeks to go!! Any advice on her breed? She is listed on petfinder.com search under Manchester terrier and she is on page 2 named Cuddles. AWWWWWW isn't she prescious. I tried to post her pic. but it didn't work. Her foster family told me she was a Fiest? What do you think? Thanks!!!

Trinitie
March 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM
I tried to search for "Cuddles" but it wants to know a location. What city?

CyberKitten
March 1st, 2005, 01:40 PM
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3956837&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=4224c4a2607cc6f9-app3&display=&preview=1&row=25&tmpl=&stat=

This one? This is part terrier (which I can only take their word for) but we had a fox terrier growing up and Cuddles is definitely some fox terrier! Wonderful dogs! The rest looks Heinz57 - a little bit of several terrier and other breeds.

BeagleMum
March 1st, 2005, 01:41 PM
Couldn't post the link. I think that it is Troy, NC.

Cute little black dog.

Cyberkitten beat me to the link. I like this little guy. VERY CUTE

Trinitie
March 1st, 2005, 01:46 PM
Oh, she's a real cute pup. I don't have any suggestions as to her breed though.

Bearsmom
March 1st, 2005, 01:48 PM
What a face!!!! Sorry, I don't know anything about terriers.

BMDLuver
March 1st, 2005, 01:58 PM
I definitely do not see manchester terrier in her at all. Could very well be Feist, which I don't know a whole lot about but after searching I have included a photo that is similar to her in looks. Just curious... Are you aware of the incredible amount of energy these dogs have? and their ability to leap to the top of almost anything? and their natural drive to hunt and chase? No offense, it just would not be a dog that my nerves could handle. I like the couch potatoe category. :)

Flyinby
March 1st, 2005, 02:28 PM
Yes that's her, the one cyberkitten posted, Thank you! She seems like a wonderful dog, I have a huskyXcollie mix with TONS of energy who love to run! They said she would run right along with him, but on the other hand would be calm in the house and curl up and cuddle on your lap! She looks like a Feist for sure, but smaller. I thought a Rat terrier with black lab...

BeagleMum
March 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Just a question....Why does Petfinder not say that she is already adopted?

Flyinby
March 1st, 2005, 05:21 PM
Hi Grover4, I guess they don't update that site everyday.... The owners and I just spoke the other day as well. She has to come from North Carolina to Maine too...She is still there for now. (Long story)