Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Neo Mastiff????

Flyinby
March 1st, 2005, 01:51 PM
I have been reading a few posts about this breed.. can someone please tell me why this breed is getting soo much attention now? I don't want one, I am just curious....

Lucky Rescue
March 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
Probably for the same reasons everyone wanted a Dalmatian, or a husky or many other breeds starring in movies. I don't know if the Neo craze has anything to do with Harry Potter, but it's possible.

Like many breeds, this is definitely NOT a breed for everyone, as impulse buyers (who "gotta have one") find out and many of them are ending up in shelters and rescues now.:(

Flyinby
March 1st, 2005, 02:12 PM
Lucky, Isn't that soo sad? I thought they were using them as the new "pit bull" fighting type dog or something. Thanks

mastifflover
March 1st, 2005, 03:04 PM
I thought they were using them as the new "pit bull" fighting type dog or something.
This is something the CMA is very concerned with and if you think a pit bull could do damage imagine a 180-220 pound male attacking. The samething they would need to be taught to be that aggressive but way back it was in there background. Hopefully the breeders and the cost of these dogs will keep the idiots away from them. They are fabulous dogs I owned one or should I say he owned me. Loving sweet velcro dogs that drool like there is no tomorrow. This is not a breed for first time owners or someone who does not do well with slobber and wants a really clean home, this is not the dog for you. The other reason may be because they have just gained recognition in the CKC and the AKC