Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I saved a kittie!!!

lilith_rizel
March 1st, 2005, 12:43 AM
Well, I guess there are 3 strays in the neighborhood. The one I caught tonight I haven't seen before. But it is deffinatly homeless. He is very dirty, and is afraid of humans. I was able to lure him into a big box, where I was then able to bring him inside, and put him in our laundry room which also has a huge closet in it. I gave him food, water and put down BK's old litter box. But I doubt he knows what that is for. I have spent the last hour sitting on the washer trying to let him realize that I am here to help him. Had to sit up on something, cause he tried to attack. I am going to give him a few weeks to see if there is any progress with his behavior. I know we need to get him to the vet asap. He has been wounded some how.... he has blood on one leg and on his ears. In a fight maybe, or even hit by a vehicle, I don't know. But it is impossible to get near him without him charging and hissing at you. I hope I am doing the right thing, bringing him in, and keeping him in a room, where he can't run loose and cause harm to Cano and Judith.

caliper
March 1st, 2005, 05:30 AM
ilith_rizel, First I want to say thank you for bringing that little buddy into your home at a time when not only he need the help but most people would turn a deaf ear to its needs.

He or she will be in my prayers that it makes a good forever pet.

Thanks Cal... :thumbs up :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
March 1st, 2005, 11:28 AM
There are two more there. James said for me to catch them all, and whatever ones we can't keep, we will find homes for them. We plan on taking kitty to the vet in a few days if he will allow us to touch him. Right now we are trying to get him to come out of the closet, and into a big dog kennel, where we have put his food and water. And where we can look closer at his wounds, without having to worry about him attacking us.

maddoxies
March 1st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Rescue Remedy is a holistic preparation of flower essences, available at health food stores and some "natural" sections of pharmacies. Humans and animals can take it to reduce stress. It might help kitty, if you were to put some in his water every day, to help him cope with the change in living circumstances. Poor little thing has to be under stress, whatever happened to him before, being injured and now being in new surroundings with scary humans (probably humans have hurt him in the past, to increase his fears). You are doing a great thing for all 3 of these kitties :thumbs up

Wish we were closer to help more tangibly

lilith_rizel
March 1st, 2005, 11:41 AM
I am just happy that I found this site. So many understanding people here. I will try to find that rescue remedy. Is it possible to find it at a wal-mart?

lilith_rizel
March 1st, 2005, 11:49 AM
I just found it on the net..... I will tell hubby I want to get some, so he's not so stressed. Thanks..

meowzart
March 1st, 2005, 11:52 AM
Most 'health food' stores carry rescue remedy. Thanks for rescuing this baby. It will take weeks and months to fully gain his trust. That's where I started my feral Rusti is in an extra large dog crate with litter food/water. Actually you'll be surprised how easily they use the litter!

I agree to get him to the vet asap. perhaps he could even be sedated for a good check and clean up for you.

If you get a cat bite be sure to get antibiotics.
good luck

lilith_rizel
March 1st, 2005, 11:59 AM
I haven't got bitten yet..... just scratched a little bit. When I grabbed the box he went into last night (outside) he had jumped out and attacked me. Luckily I left the door into the house open, so I was able to get him in there quickly.

We really don't have a health food store around here, but we do have a vitamin shop, it is pretty big. Could it be sold there, maybe?

lilith_rizel
March 1st, 2005, 12:36 PM
Well, I managed to get kitty into the crate. His left from eg has some blood on it. and so does both of his ears. I was ony about a foot away from him, and he seemed frightened. He didn't hiss or swat, he would just move away from me...... I think that he will be able to adapt well. And he will be very spoiled too. I put a bunch of Whisker Lickens in there with him, and food, water, and litter box. Later, when he is a bit more used to us, and I can open the crate without him runnig out, I will throw a old sheet in there for him. I will have a picture of the cute big guy for you soon. I am thinking he probably weighs 15-20 pounds, Maybe more. He's pretty big.