Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Home visit on West Island

Lil'RickyMom
February 28th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for someone who could volunteer to do a home visit for me in Pierrefonds. I have screened the family and they are very excited about the dog, all is left is doing the home visit, and I don't have a car and can't find anyone right now who could do this for me.

The dog is only getting adopted on March 19th, but the sooner the visit is done, the sooner my final decision is made and the family can plan accordingly.

If anyone is willing to do this for me, please e-mail me at sophie@rimasec.net

Thanks

Sophie

http://sophie.rimasec.net

BMDLuver
February 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
if you would like?

Lil'RickyMom
February 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks BMDLuver, but someone already offered. However, if I can keep you as a future reference for a possible home visit or follow-up, that would be great. Now that I've discovered this site, I feel so less alone. I used to do it all by myself, but I really feel like there is a lot of help and support here. Thanks to all of you out there volunteering your time, energy and money into helping those helpless little ones.

BMDLuver
February 28th, 2005, 07:49 PM
So now you know we are one in the same! :thumbs up

maddoxies
February 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately the couple of times you have called me, I haven't been available, but let me know if I can try to help sometime. You have my phone number and my email address. We are all working for the same goal :thumbs up

Lil'RickyMom
February 28th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Unfortunately, I am confused again. I think I know who each one of you is, but not sure... :confused: Maybe you could PM me both and give me your names with e-mail so I can actually put you in my contacts list so I can find you if I need!!! These usernames are just too confusing for me, I get everyone confused.

Thanks and sorry gals!

Goldenmom
March 1st, 2005, 01:10 PM
There is a wonderful Yahoo group that arranges Transports/Home visits etc. for Rescue animals.

canadaanimalrescuentransport@yahoogroups.com

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls

BMDLuver
March 1st, 2005, 01:21 PM
Hey Heather,
That's neat, I had no idea that existed. That's their email but I am a bit challenged, how would I go about joing the group?
Thanks.

Lil'RickyMom
March 1st, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hey, I am a member of that group and tried to see if I could send you an "invitation" to join, but couldn't find it. However, here is where the group is located http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canadaanimalrescuentransport/
Maybe you can figure out how to join??

Goldenmom
March 1st, 2005, 06:17 PM
Hey, I am a member of that group and tried to see if I could send you an "invitation" to join, but couldn't find it. However, here is where the group is located http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canadaanimalrescuentransport/
Maybe you can figure out how to join??

I am already a member. You have to be a Moderator to send an invite. I moderate my own Golden group, so I know this is how it is done.

Heather

Lil'RickyMom
March 1st, 2005, 06:54 PM
Actually, the message was directed to BMDLuver. I guess you need to be invited to join. Can't help there... :sorry:

Goldenmom
March 1st, 2005, 07:08 PM
Hey Heather,
That's neat, I had no idea that existed. That's their email but I am a bit challenged, how would I go about joing the group?
Thanks.

Go to the address above. Are you already a member of some other yahoo groups? Click on "join this group" and follow the directions. I think that many people here could be an asset to that group, as they are always looking for people to help in many different ways.

Heather

BMDLuver
March 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
k, went on over to the yahoo group. They say you will be asked for a reference... hmmm wonder what they would like?

Goldenmom
March 1st, 2005, 07:52 PM
k, went on over to the yahoo group. They say you will be asked for a reference... hmmm wonder what they would like?

They want a Reference who they can call or email to be sure you aren't a serial killer or anything :p I gave the head of my Rescue group as a reference.

Heather

BMDLuver
March 1st, 2005, 08:00 PM
Guess the moderator already new me as they didn't ask. Phew huh, that pile of bodies in the back yard is safe at the moment with all the snow! :eek:

mesaana
March 1st, 2005, 08:24 PM
I just joined too and no reference was needed :) It took about half an hour to get approved...

Lyne

maddoxies
March 1st, 2005, 09:22 PM
My membership request has been sent in too, waiting confirmation now

Goldenmom
March 2nd, 2005, 07:37 AM
Guess the moderator already new me as they didn't ask. Phew huh, that pile of bodies in the back yard is safe at the moment with all the snow! :eek:

Smart A**! LOL LOL LOL :p

Heather

Lil'RickyMom
March 2nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Hi guys,

Can someone do a home visit for me in St-Lazarre? If possible by the week-end??? I think I have a wonderful family for Snoop, my Akita mix. They live in St-Lazarre and would come to meet and possibly adopt him on the week-end. So far all looks really good, they have an 11 yr. old dog who loves other dogs and is very active for her age. Loves to play. They live in the country where they take the dog for walks in the woods!!! This is what I want for Snoop...

Let me know if someone's out that way who could do this and I will give you the info to reach the family.

Thanks

SpanielLuver
March 3rd, 2005, 12:32 PM
I can do it for you if you still need it. I live out there. Will PM you for info.