Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What am I

Nelda
February 28th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I got casper when she was 8 weeks old and at the time they said she was a Miniature American Eskimo. We took her because her mother got ran over by a truck and she needed a home. I never seen the mother, but I was told she was a bit smaller than casper and had longer hair, her dad looks like some type of terrier, but I'm not sure. The vet said she has alot of spitz in her and he is scared of her, he will not see her until I put the muzzle on her. He said I should keep a close eye on her because she is a very aggressive type dog. I put her in obedience classes and even the trainer was scared of her. So I hope someone can maybe tell me if she does look like a Miniature eskimo and what she might be mixed with. She is about 20 lbs. and is about 22 inches tall. She is a very aggressive dog, she don't like people or other animals.

happycats
February 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
She looks just like a chihuahua, But is to big.
maybe corgy and american eskimo or maybe even a spitz.

dmc123
February 28th, 2005, 06:10 PM
I agree with happycats and pak3tz, when I saw the ears I said Corgi, but the face sure looks like chihuahua.

Safyre
March 13th, 2005, 07:27 PM
yep, definately got the corgi ears!! if we could see a pic of the body, I could tell ya if it has a corgi body.
it does look like it has a chihuahua mixed in with it, just because of the close set, buggy eyes...

greaterdane
March 14th, 2005, 01:00 AM
It looks very chi to me. Possibly chi and american eskimo. I once saw a chi X pitty as odd as that sounds. Mom was a small pittbull and dad was a 10lb chi. That dog was super nasty, cute but down right evil lol

nymph
March 14th, 2005, 12:33 PM
She looks like a corgi to me.

coppperbelle
March 14th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Before I read the other the other posts I guessed that she is a cross between a Corgi and a Chihuaha so I guess we have some sort of consensus.

Prin
March 17th, 2005, 06:43 PM
She is about 20 lbs. and is about 22 inches tall.

22 inches to where? That's a tall, weightless doggy if it is to the shoulder.

SnowDancer
March 21st, 2005, 12:05 PM
I agree with other posters who suggested your pup might be a Corgi or Chi cross or some variation. There could be some Eskimo in there as well, but not a lot. I know, I have a 19 lb. almost year old Eskimo pup - who shouldn't get any bigger. Certainly Eskimos are descended from the Spitz breed and definitely can be aggressive. Fortunately mine, while he does play rough without realizing it, is very sweet natured - and not only with me (all dogs love me I am happy to say - will probably be my undoing). My dog is very sociable and I really work at keeping him that way. Muzzling at the vet's is not a bad idea if there is a risk of biting and after all some procedures are not "nice".

Prin
March 21st, 2005, 03:38 PM
He has the face of a miniature pincher, I think. And the ears of a chi or corgi.

niagarapets
March 27th, 2005, 10:15 AM
The height is throwing me off, but here's what I think...

chihuahua mixed with something that looks a little like a terrier (maybe a JRT?)

Amy