Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lupi Harness???

Katherine1
February 26th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know about this product to help control pulling while walking? I went to the pet store closest to me to check out the halti or gentle leader. The didn't carry the gentle leader said that I would have to go to the animal hospital in town that sells them. They did have the halti but the guy told me that he strongly recommended the lupi as he has used them on 150 pound dogs and found them to be most effective. I was so confused I didn't get either one of them. Molly I am thinking is somewhere between 60 and 75 pounds and when we go for a walk still has not consistantly learned not to try dragging mum behind her. Right now I am using a choke collar and a few quick pulls by me calms her down a bit but not for long. I didn't have Molly with me the day that I went there but he did say that if I brought her in I could try it before I bought it. I think the price was $17.99 . Is this something that anyone think might work better than the halti or gentle leader or should I try the halti or gentle leader instead?

Katherine1
February 26th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I posted this on another thread too but then thought I should have started this seperate thread for it - sorry about the repeat.

ScottGoodburn
February 26th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I am no expert, but it looks silly and goofy. I don't like it Katherine

greaterdane
February 26th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Both Ozzy and Dexter use no pull harnesses that work against them if they pull. I got them at walmart and they were not that expensive and honestly to me they work. They are black or red and have furry sherpas that go under the armpits for comfort. Check them out, they go up to xtra large :)

kayla
February 26th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I used the Lupi for my dog and it really worked well, but then spontaneously broke a week later (the rope frayed and snapped). Mind you my dog has gone through two leashes in two months so you may have better luck. Just check to see if there is a warrantee and keep your reciept!