Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boy George

BoxerRescueMTL
February 25th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone,

I came back from my vacation to find out that my parents had to pts my beloved cat of 23 years, Boy George. He was a beautiful orange and white long haired cat. I got him when I was 2 years old and named him Princess because my parents thought he was a girl :) They figured out soon after that he was not a girl, haha and I changed his name to Boy George- how ironic(he was my favorite singer-hey, I was 2 yrs old and it was the eighties haha).

Boy George was always my cat, he slept on my pillow every night and always came running when I cried. He would rub against me and nose at the tears on my face. I feel like he was always taking care of me. I would scratch him under his chin until I fell asleep and he would drool. When I was 6, he came home one day soaking wet. We found out later he fell into my neighbors pool and she saved him. When I moved out at 21, he stayed with my parents and he was the thing I missed the most about home.

He was in good health until I left for vacation, he quickly deteriorated and lost control of his bowels. My parents made the right decision. I just wish I had been the one to take him to the vet. I wish I had been able to say goodbye. I always thought I'd be the one who was with him when the time came. I guess there's a reason for everything and there's a reason he went when I wasn't around. My dad built him a box and he is buried on a hill in the country where my parents have a cottage, so at least I will have somewhere to visit him.

I guess I just wanted to vent, thanks for listening. It's really weird having him around my whole life and now he's gone.

mastifflover
February 25th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Oh I am sorry about Boy George but he probably waited till you were away. You know he is playing at the bridge waiting for you and he did live a very loved and long life. You will always have that to remember and that he loved you.

BMDLuver
February 25th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Aww Crystal, sorry about Boy George. Not the best news to come back from a holiday with. Glad you have a nice resting spot for him. :grouphug:

caliper
February 25th, 2005, 12:53 PM
:sorry: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Visit him often. My little guy Romeo wnet over to the Ranbow Bridge last friday and I said a prayer just now that I hope they meet each other and say Hi. Its difficult right now I know but when you can we would like to see his pic and meet him. Take Care Cal...

BoxerRescueMTL
February 25th, 2005, 01:21 PM
My little guy Romeo wnet over to the Ranbow Bridge last friday and I said a prayer just now that I hope they meet each other and say Hi.

Thank you Cal! I'm sorry to hear about your Romeo. And thank you guys! :grouphug: I'm doing okay, I've been mentally preparing myself for years and he just kept on kickin'. I just didn't expect him to go while I was gone..But he did have quite the life :)

Luvmypit
February 25th, 2005, 03:07 PM
23 years is amazing! He lived a very long and happy life. Im sorry for your loss, i know how terrible it can be. All things happen for a reason. I remember being so excited to go visit my dog at the vet as she had been there for a night and remember walking in after school and finding my dad crying. I always wished I could say bye but in the end it was what she needed. To rest in peace and be free from pain. I know she knew I loved her and so Does Boy George. Please take comfort in all the great memories you both shared.
Again I am truly sorry!

chico2
February 25th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Yes,23 happy years is amazing,I wish all cats could have that kind of life. :love:
Boy George was very much part of your child-hood and I am sure one very much loved and beautiful cat,his time had come,which does not necessarily make it easier...but he's ok now,telling all the kitties over the Bridge what a wonderful kid he grew up with. Also how embarassed he was about being called Princess,but luckily it was soon changed,although Boy George is not exactly the height of masculinity,it was ok..
My Mishka,Tigger,Blue,Sammy,Peppi and Cookie,were all waiting for handsome Boy George :angel:

meb999
February 25th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I'm soo sorry to hear about Boy Georges :sorry:

I'm sure he's looking down from the rainbow bridge, and he's sooo proud of you and all the wonderfull work that you do! :grouphug:

twinmommy
February 25th, 2005, 11:10 PM
awww sorry for your loss. :sad: Not so nice a return from holidays....
23 years is awesome, though, you gave this guy a great life!!

He's playing with his buddies on Rainbow Bridge..... :love:

:grouphug: :grouphug: hugs to you and your family.

BoxerRescueMTL
February 28th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys, you rock. Big hugs to all of you :grouphug:

Iggette
March 23rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
23 years is a long time :sorry: for your loss, it must have been hard to come home to such a tragedy. My thoughts are with you :angel: :love:

Princesss04
March 23rd, 2005, 10:33 AM
I just read this I am so sorry! 23 years is a long time! Just remeber they are always with us! :sorry:

happycats
March 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. 23 years is great, it gives me hope, as my guy Lucky is 17 this year and I treat him like today might be his last day !! Lots of loves cuddles and attention (and way to many treats sometimes). I would love to know that I have 6 years left with my faithful friend!
At leaset you can look back and know he had a great 23 years of life in a warm and loving home, (most aren't so lucky :sad: )