Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Man bites guide dog

twodogsandacat
February 25th, 2005, 08:28 AM
A BLIND MAN who allegedly bit his guide dog has been charged with animal cruelty. David Todd is accused of sinking his teeth into the animal's head in a busy street, Scottish police said yesterday in Edinburgh.

"Any attack on a defenceless animal, particularly one trained to help people, is appalling," a police spokesman said.

A witness saw the 34-year-old bite the dog and kick it repeatedly at a shopping mall on Feb. 8, a police spokesman said.

Officers arrested the suspect on Feb. 10 and charged him with animal cruelty and breach of the peace, the spokesman said.

Police took the Labrador/retriever mix into protective care and handed it to the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.

Colin Gallagher, a district team manager for the association, said: "This is the first case of its kind I have known of in 11 years in this job."

I wonder if this dog is now 'useless' as a guide dog as it has most likely been abused before. Shame.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2005/02/25/942101-sun.html

mastifflover
February 25th, 2005, 09:42 AM
I hope this guy wanders into oncoming traffic.

Princesss04
February 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
That is so sad, that dog is trained to do NOTHING but help him and this is how he repays him. POOR DOG! At least he is not with this man anymore! :mad:

TWilson9498
February 25th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Perhaps someone could train the dog to drag him into on comming traffic and walk off leaving him all helpless like he did the dog...